When I try to use the text tool nothing happens when I type even though the font size is 12, and the color is black, on a white background, and then when I try to get out of the text tool a progress bar shows up that says "Rendering type", and the progress bar is not done until for 15 minutes later. After that no text shows. I tried to wave the text tool cursor over where I used it previously, and the cursor does not detect any text in the area.
This is a brand new install of photoshop, I haven't done any customizations to it.
My operating system is a Mac with OS X 10.7.5.
Things I tried already:
- I tried uninstalling, and reinstalling Photoshop CC, and Creative Cloud.
- I tried changing font size, color. Each took 15 minutes because of the rendering type progress bar.
- I tried changing to main fonts like Verdana, Arial, etc.
- I did the steps on this Font troubleshooting page:
These were the steps on that page:
- Make sure Photoshop is the most recent version.
- Turn font preview off.
- Remove specified fonts known to cause trouble.
- Empty the photoshop font cache
- Empty the operating system font cache
- Try removing all but one font on the Mac, and keep rest in another folder.
- Use their font test script.
Now the only font I have in my Mac Fonts folder is Arial.ttf
I did all these things, and the problem still happens. Every other tool is working for me though! I need to use photoshop for a graphic design job I need to get done. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
I found out the problem! When I pressed "File" > "New" to make a new document I typed in 1000, but I'm used to the measurements being in pixels, not inches. The new install had it in inches lol. The canvas was humungous! Once I set it back to a smaller size the text tool worked great! I feel silly I over looked that!