1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 17, 2014 5:02 PM by Butterfly Christie

The Text Tool is not working in Photoshop CC

Butterfly Christie Level 1

When I try to use the text tool nothing happens when I type even though the font size is 12, and the color is black, on a white background, and then when I try to get out of the text tool a progress bar shows up that says "Rendering type", and the progress bar is not done until for 15 minutes later. After that no text shows. I tried to wave the text tool cursor over where I used it previously, and the cursor does not detect any text in the area.

This is a brand new install of photoshop, I haven't done any customizations to it.

My operating system is a Mac with OS X 10.7.5.

Things I tried already:

…………………………………………….

- I tried uninstalling, and reinstalling Photoshop CC, and Creative Cloud.

- I tried changing font size, color. Each took 15 minutes because of the rendering type progress bar.

- I tried changing to main fonts like Verdana, Arial, etc.

- I did the steps on this Font troubleshooting page:

http://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/troubleshoot-fonts-photoshop-cs5.html

These were the steps on that page:

- Make sure Photoshop is the most recent version.

- Turn font preview off.

- Remove specified fonts known to cause trouble.

- Empty the photoshop font cache

- Empty the operating system font cache

- Try removing all but one font on the Mac, and keep rest in another folder.

- Use their font test script.

Now the only font I have in my Mac Fonts folder is Arial.ttf

I did all these things, and the problem still happens. Every other tool is working for me though! I need to use photoshop for a graphic design job I need to get done. Any help would be greatly appreciated!