11 Replies Latest reply on Apr 9, 2007 3:53 PM by Newsgroup_User

File Not Found Frustration

JeffK Level 1
      We have a system that has been working like a charm on a server running CFMX. Friday we changed over servers to W2003 and CFMX7. This system works to a point. I am able to access the index page and it displays. This page displays a menu with radio buttons. A choice is made but the page that that particular radio button is attached to gives an internal server error. The file is located in the same directory as it was on the old server. I have been struggling with this all day. Any ideas on what could be causing this would be greatly appreciated. If more information is needed, please let me know that too. Thanks!

• 1. Re: File Not Found Frustration
          Level 7
          It would help to know the exact error message?

You have turned on full debugging so that you get the detailed error
          messages correct?

Also what does the page do?

It this a problem with all links from the index page, or just particular

• 2. Re: File Not Found Frustration
            tclaremont Level 2
            I suspect a permissions issue. Check that the CMFX7 service login name has access rights to the directory in question.
            • 3. Re: File Not Found Frustration
              JeffK Level 1
              That's what I figured at first but since the index file is in the same folder, I have to assume that the permissions are ok. Any other ideas. Thanks for your response. I am just brain dead at this point!!

• 4. Re: File Not Found Frustration
                JeffK Level 1
                Actually it is looking more and more like a form issue from the index page. I am using radio buttons with a certain value and the .cfm page doesn't seem to like it.

• 5. Re: File Not Found Frustration
                  JeffK Level 1
                  Here is the error msg that I am recieving. To see it in action please go to https://www.mvcc.edu/cced. Select the first choice and you will see the ISE. Thanks!

Element SELECTION is undefined in FORM.

The error occurred in D:\securecontent\cced\choice.cfm: line 9

7 :
                  8 : <body>
                  9 : <CFOUTPUT>IN HERE #form.selection#</CFOUTPUT>
                  10 : <CFIF #form.selection# IS "one">
                  11 : <CFLOCATION URL="registern.cfm">

Check the ColdFusion documentation to verify that you are using the correct syntax.
                  Search the Knowledge Base to find a solution to your problem.

Browser Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; InfoPath.1)
                  Remote Address
                  Date/Time 09-Apr-07 05:13 PM

Stack Trace (click to expand)
                  at cfchoice2ecfm2114110539.runPage(D:\securecontent\cced\choice.cfm:9)

coldfusion.runtime.UndefinedElementException: Element SELECTION is undefined in FORM.
                  at coldfusion.runtime.CfJspPage.resolveCanonicalName(CfJspPage.java:1061)
                  at coldfusion.runtime.CfJspPage._resolve(CfJspPage.java:1038)
                  at coldfusion.runtime.CfJspPage._resolveAndAutoscalarize(CfJspPage.java:1137)
                  at cfchoice2ecfm2114110539.runPage(D:\securecontent\cced\choice.cfm:9)
                  at coldfusion.runtime.CfJspPage.invoke(CfJspPage.java:152)
                  at coldfusion.tagext.lang.IncludeTag.doStartTag(IncludeTag.java:349)
                  at coldfusion.filter.CfincludeFilter.invoke(CfincludeFilter.java:65)
                  at coldfusion.filter.ApplicationFilter.invoke(ApplicationFilter.java:210)
                  at coldfusion.filter.PathFilter.invoke(PathFilter.java:86)
                  at coldfusion.filter.ExceptionFilter.invoke(ExceptionFilter.java:69)
                  at coldfusion.filter.ClientScopePersistenceFilter.invoke(ClientScopePersistenceFilter.java:2 8)
                  at coldfusion.filter.BrowserFilter.invoke(BrowserFilter.java:38)
                  at coldfusion.filter.GlobalsFilter.invoke(GlobalsFilter.java:38)
                  at coldfusion.filter.DatasourceFilter.invoke(DatasourceFilter.java:22)
                  at coldfusion.filter.RequestThrottleFilter.invoke(RequestThrottleFilter.java:115)
                  at coldfusion.CfmServlet.service(CfmServlet.java:107)
                  at coldfusion.bootstrap.BootstrapServlet.service(BootstrapServlet.java:78)
                  at jrun.servlet.ServletInvoker.invoke(ServletInvoker.java:91)
                  at jrun.servlet.JRunInvokerChain.invokeNext(JRunInvokerChain.java:42)
                  at jrun.servlet.JRunRequestDispatcher.invoke(JRunRequestDispatcher.java:257)
                  at jrun.servlet.ServletEngineService.dispatch(ServletEngineService.java:541)
                  at jrun.servlet.jrpp.JRunProxyService.invokeRunnable(JRunProxyService.java:204)
                  at jrunx.scheduler.ThreadPool$DownstreamMetrics.invokeRunnable(ThreadPool.java:318)
                  at jrunx.scheduler.ThreadPool$ThreadThrottle.invokeRunnable(ThreadPool.java:426)
                  at jrunx.scheduler.ThreadPool$UpstreamMetrics.invokeRunnable(ThreadPool.java:264)
                  at jrunx.scheduler.WorkerThread.run(WorkerThread.java:66)

• 6. Re: File Not Found Frustration
                    Dan Bracuk Level 5
                    What happens when you do this?

<cfdump var="#form#">
                    • 7. Re: File Not Found Frustration
                      JeffK Level 1
                      FIELDNAMES SELECTION
                      SELECTION 1

• 8. Re: File Not Found Frustration
                        Level 7
                        Are we talking about the choice of "Quick Links"? Is that supposed to
                        be an option? If it is, it does thrown an error when I select it, but
                        looking at the url it does not seem to be complete?

The other links in the drop down took me to standard links ending in
                        file extensions like .cfm and .pdf.

• 9. File Not Found Frustration
                          JeffK Level 1
                          My bad, the URL is https://www.mvcc.edu/secure/cced/index.cfm
                          • 10. Re: File Not Found Frustration
                            Level 7
                            JeffK wrote:
                            > My bad, the URL is https://www.mvcc/edu/secure/cced/index.cfm

You may be having a more basic server configuration issue. That URL did
                            not work for me either. I got a "Server not found Firefox can't find
                            the server at www.mvcc" error.
                            • 11. Re: File Not Found Frustration
                              Level 7
                              JeffK wrote:
                              > My bad, the URL is https://www.mvcc/edu/secure/cced/index.cfm
                              Ok, fixing the url to "https://www.mvcc.edu/secure/cced/index.cfm"
                              brought up a page.

I'm getting a DATASOURCE not defined error, not a page not found error.
                              Have you migrated all the data sources from the old server to the new
                              one? Did you change the names along the way?

"Data source cced could not be found.

The error occurred in D:\securecontent\cced\registern.cfm: line 13

11 : <cfset getDate=#DateFormat(now(), "mm/dd/yy")#>
                              12 :
                              13 : <CFQUERY name="desc" datasource="cced">
                              14 : SELECT *
                              15 : FROM registration"