1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 17, 2014 1:54 PM by A.T. Romano

Per-purchase Questions about capabilities Premiere Elements

taven elias

I have 3 specific questions about the capabilities of Premiere Elements 12.

1. I assume, but I need to make sure, I will be able to crop video.
      2. I will also need to be able to put in custom static backgrounds to fill unused area when source video does not match the aspect ratio of the output.
      3. Finally I need to be able to customize DVD menus including custom buttons from png

Thanks in advance for your help. I would like to be able to purchase asap and get started on these projects.

• 1. Re: Per-purchase Questions about capabilities Premiere Elements
          A.T. Romano Level 7

taven elias

For the current version Premiere Elements 12/12.1 (which may not be the current version in the next week or so)

1. Crop Effect under Expert workspace/fx Effects

2. You import your source background into the project and place it on the Video Track below that of your footage which

has the transparency.

3. To customize and create disc menu buttons, you need to get into the menus .psd files and edit them with an editor

that can open Photoshop Layer Sets and subLayer Sets. Photoshop CS or higher will open those Sets and can be used

for the edit of the .psd file. The whole has its requirements. I am not sure how your .png will fit into the button structure/requirements

for the Layer Sets/subLayer Sets of the menus .psd files. We would need to talk details on this one.

Definitely go the free 30 day tryout from Adobe before purchase. Once the new version is released (expected end of September 2014),

Premiere Elements 12 will no be the current version and will not be offered as the tryout, only the new version will.

Any questions or need clarification, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you.

ATR