6 Replies Latest reply on May 24, 2015 9:29 PM by michaels72326192

Upload problems with Facebook and Vimeo from Premiere Elements 10

VDRAVES Level 1

I have created a project in HD and am trying to upload to Vimeo.  Premiere Elements 10 does not have a preset so I followed some instructions from the Vimeo website.  Project is "blurry" when viewed.  I checked with Vimeo and they said what they converted matches what I sent so the problem must be in the export - bit rate may be incorrect.  Can anyone give me the correct presets for Vimeo from Premiere Elements 10.  I can view other people's video in HD and they look fine so I don't think it's my computer monitor.   I'm sure you will need more information about my project so please give me a list of specific things you need to know.  Thank you.

My Facebook problem is as follows.  If I use the preset from Premiere Elements 10 to upload to Facebook it looks fine, HD quality as expected.  Problem is, I would like to upload to my business page.  Since the personal page and the business page (managed by my personal account) share a login, the preset always loads to my personal page.  Does anyone know the values of the preset so I can upload the video to my business page.  My business is event and wedding videography so I would like the posts to be as clear as possible.

If the problem with the Vimeo uploads is solved then I suppose I can just share the Vimeo file on Facebook.  Thank you.

• 1. Re: Upload problems with Facebook and Vimeo from Premiere Elements 10
          A.T. Romano Level 7

VDRAVES

I think that you are overlooking what you already have with regard to a Vimeo HD preset for export to file for upload of the saved file at the Vimeo website.

Please see

Share/Computer/AVCHD with Presets = Vimeo HD

Under the Advanced Button/Video Tab, you can customize the preset further from 1280 x 720 to 1920 x 1080 and increase the bitrate, if necessary, to a level that does not give you a prohibitive file size. With Profile = Main and Level = 3.1, the bitrate range is 0.19 to 14 Mbps (megabits per second).

I would start with the default bitrates of Target = 8 Mbps and Maximium = 9 Mbps and explore and experiment from there.

If you customize the preset to 1920 x 1080 in the Export Settings customization area, then change the Profile to High and the Level to 5.1

When you do that the bitrate range will be 0.19 to 300 Mbps instead of 0.19 to 14 Mbps.

In all cases, watch for file size versus bitrate versus quality of end product.

Please give that a look and then let us know if the above resolves your Vimeo and Facebook question.

Please review and let us know the outcome.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Upload problems with Facebook and Vimeo from Premiere Elements 10
            VDRAVES Level 1

I totally missed the Vimeo options under AVCHD.  I kept looking under the

Online section where the YouTube and Facebook presets are.  Thank you so

much!  I'll play with that a little and let you know tomorrow.

On Wed, Sep 17, 2014 at 7:56 PM, A.T. Romano <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

• 3. Re: Upload problems with Facebook and Vimeo from Premiere Elements 10
              VDRAVES Level 1

I will play some more with the advanced settings tomorrow, but just using

the default Vimeo preset under AVCHD seems to be doing what I was looking

for.  Vimeo upload looks good.  Facebook upload to Business Page looks

good.  Thank you again.  Question answered.

• 4. Re: Upload problems with Facebook and Vimeo from Premiere Elements 10
                A.T. Romano Level 7

VDRAVES

Thanks for the follow up with the good news that the suggested settings worked for you to produce a file suitable for upload to Vimeo and Facebook at those web sites.

Great job working through the details.

Please do not hesitate to ask if you have any questions or need clarification.

Best wishes

ATR

• 5. Re: Upload problems with Facebook and Vimeo from Premiere Elements 10
                  michaels72326192

HI,

I am just wondering, my quicktime files look great uploaded straight to vimeo, but a comparable size file exported back to quicktime looks terrible even playing straight from my computer.

The irony is that the quicktime file is generated by GotoMeeting from a webinar, and the webinar files are keynote slides with minimal animations. SO here is my question:

Which parameter would allow me to optimize image quality, when the image is static for 1-2 min at a time. In other words, its sort of a waste of bandwidth if the manner in which I render my Premiere Elements  final edit is sampling the image several times per second, when the image is static. Can you tell me which parameter in the rendering settings is best when I am playing 10 hi resolution static images over the course of an hour, but the output is "video", like a recorded webinar? The goal is low file size high res, willing to sacrifice choppy transitions.

• 6. Re: Upload problems with Facebook and Vimeo from Premiere Elements 10
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

michaels

What are the properties of your "quicktime file which is generated by GotoMeetings from a webinar?

Video compression, audio compression, frame size, frame rate, interlaced or progressive, file extension, pixel aspect ratio, and bitrate?

What are you selecting as your Share/Computer/QuickTime export settings? Are you using default settings for the preset selected or customizing the preset under the Advanced Button/Video Tab?

Please clarify...what you are taking into Premiere Elements 10 is video, not stills?

By the way, what video card/graphics card does your computer use?

I will work on this in the morning.

Until then...

ATR