4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 18, 2014 2:45 PM by kglad

Tutorial on creating animations in Flash then exporting to IOS?

mentlity Level 1

I have to do an app for someone, its a children's story with animation and audio. I have been in Flash Since Flash 4 so I'm comfortable building the animations and scenes in Flash ( Now I have CC 2014) I need to make sure that the buttons codes will work on touch screens like I Pad once ithe file is exported to IOS.

Not too much info on this as I have been looking around for a while. I do remember see a tutorial I think it was in CS5 or 6 but can't locate it.

Just to be clear, I need the tuts to explain how to go about exporting to IOS or Android.

Anyone?

thx

R

• 1. Re: Tutorial on creating animations in Flash then exporting to IOS?
          kglad Adobe Community Professional & MVP

for simple touches it's easiest to just use MouseEvent.MOUSE_DOWN events.  there's no need for touchevents.

for tutorials, use google to search.

the main issue you'll face is publishing for ios.  you can't publish to a real idevice unless you get a mobile provisioning profile and publishing certificate.

publishing for android is much simpler.

• 2. Re: Tutorial on creating animations in Flash then exporting to IOS?
            mentlity Level 1

Thanks KGlad you always come to the rescue, yes I'm fully aware of the Apple Developers certificate. So you are basically giving me a sigh of relief as I can build the the entire project in Flash CC 2014 and output for either Apple or Android.

In this case it is for Android only.

Im sure there is some info on this?

thx again

RD

• 3. Re: Tutorial on creating animations in Flash then exporting to IOS?
              mentlity Level 1

Sorry hit send too quick, since I'm porting out for Android what size do I make the stage? I'm sure there is a preference for variable screen sizes upon publishing?

R

• 4. Re: Tutorial on creating animations in Flash then exporting to IOS?
                kglad Adobe Community Professional & MVP

if you're publishing for android everything is much simpler.  you can create your own (good for 35 years) self-signed publishing certificate.

flash cc and cc 2014 were significantly easier to use with a usb-plugged in mobile device (including android devices).

after connecting your android device via usb and your os recognizes the usb plugged-in android device, click control>test movie>on device via usb>refresh device list (unless the device is already listed in which case you can just click the device listed).  when you publish your app will be published on you mobile.

but the, by far, best part is you can debug (ie, use trace and see error messages) on your flash pro computer while running your app on your mobile by clicking debug>test movie>on device via usb>and select your mobile (or refresh just like above).

as for android screen sizes, just like idevices, there are a number of sizes.  here are common ones:

• xlarge screens are at least 960dp x 720dp
                • large screens are at least 640dp x 480dp
                • normal screens are at least 470dp x 320dp
                • small screens are at least 426dp x 320dp

i usually use a stage size that the client thinks is most important and then i publish for full screen.  you can then pick the best (for you) stage scalemode option.