2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 18, 2014 10:34 AM by JimHess

Will I lose my gallery of photos if I upgrade from my Lightroom 3 to creative cloud for photographers?

katiee4356 Level 1

I bought Lightroom 3 a few years ago and love it! I'm looking to purchase Photoshop as well which makes the photographer package work best for me at $9.99/month.

Will I lose my gallery of photos on my account when I upgrade to the CC?

Is it possible to download both applications on more than one device (desktop, laptop, and tablet)? That would be great for my busy lifestyle.

Thanks in advance for your help!

• 1. Re: Will I lose my gallery of photos if I upgrade from my Lightroom 3 to creative cloud for photographers?
          NicHamilton Level 3

Not sure what the account is with the gallery of photos on so hard to say.

You certainly won't lose anything you currently have edited with LR3.  When you first open your old LR3 catalogue with the new version you'll be asked to upgrade the catalogue so it's compatible with LR5 but you'll still have the old catalogue too should you wish to go back to LR3.

The CC licence allows you to have the software on two devices. Unless the tablet is an iPad in which case you can also LR Mobile on it as part of the Photographer's CC package too.  You can't use the full versions of LR on three platforms on one CC licence though, no.

• 2. Re: Will I lose my gallery of photos if I upgrade from my Lightroom 3 to creative cloud for photographers?
            JimHess Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Upgrading to Lightroom 5 would involve Lightroom 5 creating a new copy of your existing Lightroom 3 catalog. Your existing catalog would remain intact and continue to be usable with Lightroom 3 if you keep it installed on the computer. A Lightroom license will entitle you to two installations for your personal use. Only one installation can be in use at any given time to be in compliance with the license. Lightroom Mobile is part of Lightroom 5. 4 and higher. You would be entitled to download the mobile application to your tablet. However, at this point, only Apple products are supported. Android support is planned for some time in the future.