3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 16, 2007 4:52 PM by La.lo

No layers in FW after photoshop importing

stemi
      Hi,
      I have a serious problem. I created a psd. After trying to importing in FW there is just one bitmap layer which shows the entire photoshop as an image. Nothing else.
      The strange is that whenever I open other photoshops saved in my PC (not designed for web page), FW shows all the layer.
      What may be the problem? The photoshop is CS2 and FW is 8.
      Thanks for your time
        • 1. Re: No layers in FW after photoshopp importing
          Level 7
          On Thu, 12 Apr 2007 12:34:48 +0400, stemi <webforumsuser@macromedia.com>
          wrote:

> Hi,
          > I have a serious problem. I created a psd. After trying to importing in
          > FW
          > there is just one bitmap layer which shows the entire photoshop as an
          > image.
          > Nothing else.
          > The strange is that whenever I open other photoshops saved in my PC (not
          > designed for web page), FW shows all the layer.
          > What may be the problem? The photoshop is CS2 and FW is 8.
          > Thanks for your time
          >

Hm, not sure but maybe the eason is some PS features like adjustment
          layers that FW simply have no direct analogs for?

--
          Ilya Razmanov
          http://photoshop.msk.ru - Photoshop plug-in filters
          • 2. Re: No layers in FW after photoshop importing
            interstella
            I've found that FW can't import all Pshop CS1-2 layer features... the best bet is to merge as many layers (and effects) as possible in Pshop before importing into FW....
            do some tests with your particular Pshop file.
            • 3. Re: No layers in FW after photoshop importing
              La.lo Level 1
              CS2-FW8 does not have a very good import implementation of psd files. In fact, they are improving it now in CS3 but it still isn't great. So, now's the best time to write to Adobe using the Feature Request/Bug Report Form at http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform and tell them what you need FW to have in hierarchical order, that is, for example: 1. I want layers to be respected. 2. I want adjustment layers to come out right 3. I want effects to come in just fine, etc.

I'm telling you that, because for CS4 this is an important objective for Fireworks.

Now, I've had the same problem. As it was recommended before, try to flatten effects and adjustment layers and most of all try to get rid of your alpha layers. Sometimes they mess up things quite a bit. Good luck!