2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 18, 2014 5:08 PM by rab1drabb1t

Targeted Rule list arrow not showing new CSS Rule? DW-CC

rab1drabb1t

I am currently enrolled in Adobe Dreamweaver for school, and due to the biggest transition mistake Adobe has ever made, we are currently running CC using CS6 books. Adobe Dreamweaver CS6 Revealed by Sherry Bishop. I am on chapter 3, page 3-14 to apply a rule. With the modified instructions for CC, it says that step number 3 and 4 should work. I am supposed to use my new rule by using the Targeted Rule list arrow and the rule is not showing in the list. I am so confused and so frustrated with Adobe at this point.  Is there any advice? Am I supposed to do something with the CSS and the rule in order for it to show up in the Targeted Rule list?  If there is more information needed to help me find a solution, please do ask, and I will do my best.

• 1. Re: Targeted Rule list arrow not showing new CSS Rule? DW-CC
          Jon Fritz II Adobe Community Professional & MVP

rab1drabb1t wrote:

I am currently enrolled in Adobe Dreamweaver for school, and due to the biggest transition mistake Adobe has ever made, we are currently running CC using CS6 books.

That's a really inaccurate statement (and it's a bit silly nobody contacted anyone at Adobe to get the very simple fix).

If you have a CC subscription, you also have DWCS6 as part of that subscription. Here's how you get DWCS6 under CC...

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/install-apps.html

I'm guessing your admin guys didn't realize that when they made the purchase. I'm not sure why anyone would get a program one version removed from the books they were planning to use, especially with that correct version still being available through Adobe in and of itself...

Creative Suite 6

If they refuse to install the software they're already paying for so your class can use the correct program/book combination, an alternative would be to get rid of the CSS Designer Panel and go back to one that more closely resembles the one from DWCS6 by hitting Ctrl + Alt + Shift + P.

• 2. Re: Targeted Rule list arrow not showing new CSS Rule? DW-CC
            rab1drabb1t Level 1

You are a life saver. This has been so complicated in the beginning. I am an online student and my instructor wasn't aware until a month before class was starting that she was going to be the one instructing the online class. They do have CS6 at the campus but it is over 45 miles away from where I live. (When I enrolled originally she was not the same instructor so I'm not aware what happened there.) This will save me, other classmates, and my instructor so much time and stress. I thank you for this information. It should benefit all of my other Adobe classes as well, InDesign and Photoshop. (However, Photoshop and InDesign have yet to be as different as Dreamweaver) Now my other question is not needed to be answered as I have the correct software to follow the book through to the end.   Thank you again.