12 Replies Latest reply on Oct 30, 2014 9:10 AM by Dave E

How can I share shapes created with Adobe Shape?

Dave E Employee Moderator

You can access your shapes in the Libraries panel within Photoshop and Illustrator.  If you would like to share the file with another person, simply drag the shape onto your canvas and then save the shape as a new file.  From here, you can email the file or add it to a shared drive. 

• 1. Re: How can I share shapes created with Adobe Shape?
          AadMetz Level 1

I made a Shape on my iPhone 5S and after an hour I still can't see the shape in the Illustrator 2014.1 library.

I quite Illustrator, but nothing changed.

How can I solve this problem?

• 2. Re: How can I share shapes created with Adobe Shape?

If you are having trouble with the sync, try signing out of the Shape app and then signing back in.  We recently discovered a bug that makes the sync capability break.  We just submitted a fix to Apple and are waiting for it to be approved.

Let me know if this solves your problem.

Thanks.

• 3. Re: How can I share shapes created with Adobe Shape?
              bulenthasan

there is no option to 'upload to creative cloud' in the Shape app. is it supposed to automatically upload your images to the creative cloud account I just signed up for? how can i export/view my art in my camera roll or share it online ?

• 4. Re: How can I share shapes created with Adobe Shape?

Your shapes should be automatically saved to the Creative Cloud.  I’m going to explain how you can access them below.

How to access your shapes in other apps

Desktop: In order for this to work, you must have the most recent version of Illustrator and Photoshop. 

1. Open Adobe Illustrator on your desktop.
                2. Open the Libraries panel (Windows > Libraries)
                3. Your shapes should be present in your Libraries.  If you don’t see them there, select the libraries drop down to see if you saved your shapes in a different library.
                4. Now, you can drag the shape onto your canvas. Or, right click and select "Use in document"
                5. At this point,  you can continue working with your shape, by adding editing.  Or, you can simply save the file.  Of course, after you save it to your desktop, you can email, post online, etc.

Mobile apps:

1. Open Adobe Illustrator Draw and open a drawing.
                2. Tap the Shapes icon to open the Shapes menu.
                3. Tap a library name to view the shapes in the Creative Cloud Library. Tap Change Library to select another library.
                4. Select your shape by tapping on it.
                5. Active Slide or Tocuh Slide. You can use Adobe Slide or Touch Slide to place the shape on the canvas. Access Touch Slide by tapping on the circular icon at the top of the menu bar. 
                6. Place the shape.  Once you have activated Touch Slide, you will see a light rendition of your shape on the canvas.  Simply double tap on the shape outline to stamp the shape in place.

Web:

1. Navigate to https://assets.adobe.com/
                2. Select the Libraries menu item (left menu on the page)
                3. Select the desired library (if this is your first time using Libraries, you will only have one).
                4. This page provide a preview only.

Also, here’s a great walk through video that may be useful: http://helpx.adobe.com/mobile-apps/how-to/shape-get-started.html?set=mobile-apps--fundamen tals--adobe-shape-cc

• 5. Re: How can I share shapes created with Adobe Shape?
                  bulenthasan Level 1

thanks! i will try this, but the shapes aren't being saved automatically in the cloud. isn't there a manual way to have the shapes placed onto the creative cloud through the app? or does it require me to be on a wifi connection to do that?

• 6. Re: How can I share shapes created with Adobe Shape?
                    AadMetz Level 1

It took 3 days, then the shape showed up in my libretto....:(

• 7. Re: How can I share shapes created with Adobe Shape?
                      markgouldsf Level 1

Hi, I'm working through all the great new releases trying to see what works with what I was hoping that Adobe Illustrator CC brushes might somehow be available as brushes in the iPad apps, Draw, Line an Sketch. From your explanation Dave, I took it to mean that might be posssible. I'm trying to post a screen shot of how, when I'm either in Draw, Line or Sketch the libraries that I created in Adobe Illustrator with shapes show up as dimmed in those apps. Perhaps because they need to be created in Shape for them to appear there? If you get a chance a clarification would be helpful! And a feature request that illustrator art and pattern brushes someday work inside Illustrator Draw and Line.

cheers,

Mark

image.jpg

• 8. Re: How can I share shapes created with Adobe Shape?

Mark,

I think you are asking how you can create shapes in an app like Illustrator and access those shapes in mobile apps like Draw.  Right?

At the moment, shapes can only be created in the Shape app.  So, for instance, SVGs you create in Illustrator will now show up as shapes in the Shape menu.  We're looking into ways to make this possible in the future. 

• 9. Re: How can I share shapes created with Adobe Shape?
                          iosbrett

Oh great, signing out and signing back in again loses the shapes that were in my library!!

I have the latest version, I am now a paying customer, and still after 3 weeks this bloody App won't sync the shapes to CC.

:-(

• 10. Re: How can I share shapes created with Adobe Shape?

Are you able to see your shapes at this web address?

https://assets.adobe.com/assets/libraries

• 11. Re: How can I share shapes created with Adobe Shape?
                              iosbrett Level 1

Yes!!!!

Ok I can see the ones I did today after upgrading to latest version at this link :-)

How is this different to the Creative Cloud App on iOS and the "Creative Cloud Files" on my Mac?

Thanks for the quick reply.

• 12. Re: How can I share shapes created with Adobe Shape?

A few weeks ago, Adobe introduced a new concept called CC Libraries.  Libraries allow you to create and share assets across different apps.  They are intended to contain design elements rather than files.  The idea is that you can have a library of basic assets available when you work--without having to open a file.

You can, for instance, create a library for each project you are working on.  And, when you open your design tool to work on a project, you can open the project library and quickly access logos, colors, text styles, shapes, etc.  You can read more here.

In the case of Shape, you could create a library named "Shape Inspiration".  And, then when you begin working in PS, Ai, or Draw, you can open that library to browse your shapes.  If you find one you want to work with, drag or right click to add it to your document. Then, create something beautiful!

At the moment, the CC mobile app only supports the "files" aspect of Creative Cloud.  I would imagine, in the next month or two, the app will be updated so you can view Libraries as well. 

I hope this helps!  Happy to answer more questions if you have them.