• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Adobe AIR 15 Beta Sept 18, 2014" doesn't support iphone6 launch images

New Here ,
Sep 18, 2014 Sep 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I entered Default-375w-667h@2x.png for iphone 6 , Default-414w-736h@3x.png for iphone 6+

I see firstly launch time and immediately thereafter (mean AIR load time)  launch image is disappear (black screen, mean AIR doesn't see).

Secondly, Air is working only "ios 7.1, iphone 5" simulator. (Although I choose IOS8 sdk)

TOPICS
Air beta

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Oct 19, 2014 Oct 19, 2014

current version in labs fixed this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Sep 19, 2014 Sep 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where did you find out what names to give the launch images?

Today's build of AIR, 15.0.0.274 has fixed some issues to do with working with Xcode 6. Maybe it will let you use the 8.0 simulator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1- Default-375w-667h@2x.png  -> 750 x 1334 for iphone 6

2- Default-414w-736h@3x.png - >1242 × 2208 for iphone6 plus

3- Default@2x.png -> 640x960 for 4s,4

4- Default-568h@2x.png

Yes I have Xcode 6 and 8.0 simulator. I fixed simulator-debug problem. I'm using last version "http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/air.html" .

But this version same launch problem. when I simulate iphone6 or iphone6 plus, firstly it shows number 1 after, shows number 3.

I put default images in the "src/" (I don't embed, only included package contents...  this is working in older of the older version then iphone6. mean iphone6, 6plus, default image AIR cannot see, Air only see Default@2x.png,Default-568h@2x.png,Default.png )

AIR 15 can see under the iphone6, lets check this list PaintCode

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Normally, the first image that shows is the splash screen, then the second image that shows is from your Flash stage. If you're seeing #1 at first when testing as iPhone 6, then that's correct. If it then switches to #3, that's the image that you have in place on your stage. How do you decide which image to show on your stage?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't decide. IOS and AIR decide which image...

Normally there are 3 step. set 1 iphone6 shows #1,  setp 2. air lunch time ; shows #3 (normally iphone 4-5x air shows same photo, but iphone 6x air shows #3)  setp 3 I embedded the splash screen image (this is the added from stage)

step 2 is problematic. (because air decide which image choose... I only add the root folder.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Colin, according to documentation here Providing launch images for AIR applications on iOS | Adobe Developer Connection and here http://help.adobe.com/en_US/air/build/WS901d38e593cd1bac1e63e3d129907d2886-8000.html#WS901d38e593cd1...

Please take a look at the below explanation

"For AIR applications, this means the launch image must remain visible until the AIR runtime is completed initialized. To achieve this, the AIR runtime displays the same launch image as shown by iOS until the app is completely ready to use"

For the new devices, as sharkhack mentioned, you can trigger the new native high resolutions with the below launch images. As mentioned here: Iphone 6 Question « Starling Forum

1- Default-375w-667h@2x.png  -> 750 x 1334 for iphone 6

2- Default-414w-736h@3x.png - >1242 × 2208 for iphone6 plus

However Air does not recognize these naming conventions and tries to display the Default@2x.png image all the time, creating inconsistencies during the switch from iOS launch to Air Launch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, when testing for iPhone 6 plus with AIR 15.0.0.274 we get reduced resolution and blurry images, this sim should be displaying

at 1080 * 1920 (1242 * 2208) but only gives 828 * 1472 - exactly two thirds resolution even with Default-414w-736h@3x.png as the launch image..

Native apps appear to have the correct resolution however.

Screen Shot 2014-09-19 at 18.10.49.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is understood that; AIR has defined static resolution (only supported 2x) and  default@2x.png (640x960) is a constant defined. AIR is load default@2x.png on all devices.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 19, 2014 Oct 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone logged a bug for this or is this resolved in a newer version of the runtime?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There have been a few updates since this thread started, and each update has fixed more things. You should try the version from Friday:

Download Adobe AIR 15 Beta - Adobe Labs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

current version in labs fixed this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 20, 2014 Dec 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I tried with Air 16.0 and the issue with Default-414w-736h@3x.png still exists. The returned size for iPhone 6 + is still 828 x 1472.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 21, 2014 Dec 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for getting back to us, However, you need to upgrade your iOS version to 8.0.1 or 8.0.2 to get the fix.

Please let us know if you still face difficulties.

Thanks,

Jitender

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 23, 2014 Dec 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, I forgot to mention that I have only tested on iOS Simulator. The iOS version is 8.1. The "default" name I use is Default-414w-736h@3x.png and the png size is 1242 x 2208.

It still doesn't work on iOS Simulator. However your message suggests that it works on a real device?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 21, 2014 Dec 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there an official page somewhere with all of these names for the various sizes?  I've been using "Default-736h@3x.png" but it's reporting the 640x1136 size.  And honestly it works fine, but glad to know there's a reason why not reporting higher.  I get the same results above when changing the name to "Default-414w-736h@3x.png"

Thanks all

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines