4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 19, 2014 12:04 PM by veesh94

photoshop is saving files as corrupt

veesh94

Whenever i save a file on photoshop it corrupts the file. I can reopen it in the computer i saved it on, but the files are often distorted and look as though the channels are separated. When i tried opening them on another computer, it refused to open the photoshop file, saying "cannot open because file is not a valid photoshop document". what the heck is going on? i've lost about 3 days worth of work, all incrimented files, and i'm super frustrated.  (using cs6 on a macbook pro 17")

• 2. Re: photoshop is saving files as corrupt
          Level 5

Due to the current unavailability of clairvoyants and mind-readers in the forum, we respectfully request you supply sensible, complete details.

BOILERPLATE TEXT:

Note that because this is boilerplate text, not all points may apply to any given, specific poster.

If you give complete and detailed information about your setup and the issue at hand,

such as your platform (Mac or Win),

exact versions of your OS, of Photoshop (not just "CS6", but something like CS6v.13.0.6) and of Bridge,

your settings in Photoshop > Preference > Performance

the type of file you were working on,

machine specs, such as total installed RAM, scratch file HDs, total available HD space, video card specs, including total VRAM installed,

what troubleshooting steps you have taken so far,

what error message(s) you receive,

if having issues opening raw files also the exact camera make and model that generated them,

if you're having printing issues, indicate the exact make and model of your printer, paper size, image dimensions in pixels (so many pixels wide by so many pixels high). if going through a RIP, specify that too.

etc.,

someone may be able to help you (not necessarily this poster).

a screen shot of your settings or of the image could be very helpful too.

Please read this FAQ for advice on how to ask your questions correctly for quicker and better answers:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/419981?tstart=0

Thanks!

• 3. Re: photoshop is saving files as corrupt
            veesh94 Level 1

basically just try and open the files on other machines. i'm not terribly tech savvy so i'm not sure what else to do at the moment. i'm about to try reinstalling it but not sure what else I can do

• 4. Re: photoshop is saving files as corrupt
              veesh94 Level 1

it looks as though it may have been just a few files that were corrupted, i was able to backtrack far enough to one that was ok to work with. as for the other computer not opening them, i believe i dont have everything up to date so that may be the issue. I'm running windows 8 and photoshop 13.0.1 on it, and just got a new update for my graphics card driver. we'll see if that fixes it.