1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 19, 2014 4:17 AM by dj_paige

Backing up my back up files

mark n

I currently back up my image file on a external hard drive. I am able to drag folders to back them up. I also want to back up on a second external hard drive. Dos this have to be done in LR too or is it a matter of cut and paste from one head drive to another. if you have to do it in LR how do I do this? If i drag folders from HD 1 to the other it is not duplicating just moving.  Please help. Hope I have explained this correctly.

• 1. Re: Backing up my back up files
          dj_paige Level 9

Backing up photos is something that must be done via your operating system. Lightroom does not do this.

You must also make backups of your catalog file, to a different hard disk than the hard disk where the working catalog file is located.

I strongly recommend an automated procedure that will regularly back up all of your important files (not just Lightroom-related files), rather than the manual method you are using. This eliminates the possibility that you are too busy or just forget. There are many programs available to do this.