Premiere Elements 8 on Windows 7 (assumed 64 bit)....
The usual drill questions...
1. Do you have the 8.0.1 Update installed?
2. Is the automatic Background Rendering and AutoAnalzyer feature disabled?
3. Is your video card/graphics card up to date according to the web site of the manufacturer of the card?
4. Are you working form a User Account with Administrative Privileges?
5. Does the problem exist with and without the antivirus and firewall(s) disabled?
6. Do you have the latest version of QuickTime installed on your computer with Premiere Elements 8.0/8.0.1?
1. Delete the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file and, if that does not work, delete the whole 8.0 Folder in which the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file exists.
Local Disk C
and in the 8.0 Folder is the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file that you delete. If that does not work, then delete the whole 8.0 Folder in which the Adobe Premiere Elements File exists. Be sure to be working with Folder Option Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives active so that you can see the complete path cited.
2. Probably, the fix may involve
a. Uninstall using the regular Control Panel way.
b. Free ccleaner run through (regular cleaner and registry cleaner parts)
c. Reinstall with antivirus and firewall(s) disabled.
We will be watching for your follow up. Any questions or need clarification along the way, please do not hesitate to ask.
Thank you for this guidance - which has eventually led me to a fix for this problem . Below is my feedback.
1. Removing the Prefs File and then the 8.0 Folder but did not achieve any improvement.
At this point as I had already reloaded Prem 8.0 once , I decided to focus on your drill down questions with the following results.
Yes I'm running Win 7 - 64 bit
Yes 8.0.1 update is installed
Since Prem 8 ( Editor) wouldn't run I was unsure how to disable Background Rendering and Auto Analyser
My Video graphics was out of date - I've updated it - but this didn't fix the problem
I am the Administrator - so have full privileges
My Quick Time installation was out of date - I've updated it - but this didn't fix the problem
So this left Anti virus and Firewall.
I disabled both in my security package (McAfee) and Prem 8 ran normally. I put the firewall back and it still ran normally. I put the antivirus back and Prem 8 fell over! This led me to poke around with the Antivirus settings. Until now McAfee has been running in its ' out of the box' setting which includes real time scanning of ALL files. I found however that if I backed this off a stage to real time scanning of just Programs and Documents then this enables Prem 8 to run successfully. I've tested it , on and off etc , and this seems a consistent fix. I've also run a full system scan without finding any viruses.
Since Prem 8 and McAfee have co-existed on my PC successfully until now and Prem 8 is now some 4 years old and is not updated, I suspect the problem is cause by some form of conflict with the latest iteration of McAfee which has auto installed since I last use Prem 8 in around Feb 2014.
Still the good news is I have a fix and am back up and running. If you think this is useful info to the Premier Elements Forum - please post it / use it as you see fit.
Thanks again for your help
Many thanks for your detailed and systematic troubleshooting that led to success in finding that the McAfee antivirus was at the core of your Premiere Elements 8.0/8.0.1 problem. Great job. Currently McAfee has been at the core of many Premiere Elements issues so your documentation on its involvement in your issue will be appreciated by all.
Did you ever find the turn offs for automatic Background Rendering and AutoAnalzyer Options.
1. Background Rendering. See Premiere Elements workspace Edit Menu/Preferences/ and the Background Rendering option there.
The 8.0.1 Update is supposed to disable this Background Rendering which apparently was set as enabled as the default. Always good to
check preferences to make sure it is really disabled.
2. AutoAnalzyer Options. See Elements Organizer workspace Edit Menu/Preferences/AutoAnalzyer Options and disable all the options under
We are very pleased with your progress.