1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 12, 2007 11:43 AM by onyxbronx

Framework Locale en_US -> pt_BR

onyxbronx
      Hi

I'm trying to translate the original en_US language to brazilian portuguese (pt_BR). I read many articles about globalization by I think must be a better way to do this.

I translated all the files at "\Flex Builder 2\Flex SDK 2\frameworks\locale\en_US\" and created a new directory called "\Flex Builder 2\Flex SDK 2\frameworks\locale\pt_BR\" with it.

I performed several tests and I discovered that the .properties files (text files with the messages) doens't matter for the application. If I delete them, Flex won't complain. But there is three .swc files that generates an error when I build the application. I don't know if I'm right, but I think the .swc files contain all the .properties files with the language strings. Or something like that.

My question is: how to create new .swc files (framework_rb.swc, fds_rb.swc and charts_rb.swc) with the translated .properties files or make them access the correct files (with my pt_BR strings). Anyone did something like that?

Remember, I'm not trying a globalization of my app. I'm only trying to translate the default messages to portuguese.

Thanks

Luis Renato
        • 1. Re: Framework Locale en_US -> pt_BR
          onyxbronx Level 1
          Don't worry guys

I found a good answer.

Steps:

Copy all the files in locale/en_US to a new folder
          Translate the properties files into this new location

cmd

cd C:\Program File\Adobe\Flex Builder 2

FlexFrameworkCmdPrompt.bat "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Flex Builder 2\Flex SDK 2" "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Flex Builder 2\jre"

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Flex Builder 2>compc -locale pt_BR -source-path "Flex SDK 2\frameworks\locale\{locale}" -include-resource-bundles collections controls core effects formatters logging SharedResources skins states validators -output "Flex SDK 2\frameworks\locale\pt_BR\framework_rb.swc"