22 Replies Latest reply on Aug 2, 2015 7:45 PM by Colin Holgate

surface pro 2

refal

I own a Surface Pro 2 256GB RAM and using Adobe Flash CC. Everything works fine other than pencil, brush and eraser.  While the stylus is drawing from A to B, a straight line is immediately drawn from A to C and then draws duplicates the freehand gesture to D, while the actual physical stylus in hand is drawing from A to B. It is impossible to use. Another friend with Surface Pro experiences the same error. Please Advise.

Screenshot (106).png

• 1. Re: surface pro 2
          sinious Most Valuable Participant

Do you have another input device such as a mouse enabled at the same time as the stylus? Do you find the drawing starts where your mouse position leaves off? If so, try disconnecting your mouse as an input device and see if the pen works better. If that doesn't work, try touching the canvas with your finger and then drawing to see if it's starting from your last touched position.

• 2. Re: surface pro 2
            refal Level 1

Thanks for the reply. Neither worked (touch/no-mouse). I tried to restart with the mouse detached but still same problem. Another thing I noticed, is that the distance between the point of the stylus and the actual digital mark on the screen grows the further I get from the top left corner (where they match) to the bottom right. The digital mark on the bottom right corner is done when the stylus is 2/3 down and 2/3 right.

• 3. Re: surface pro 2

Does your finger or a mouse produce a similar result?

Also have to ask. Is your stylus supported/compatible with Win 8.1 and do you have the latest drivers installed for the correct OS/bit depth? It's easy to accidently get the wrong drivers for 8.1 Pro instead of RT 8.1 or vice versa and I see the surface 2 mostly comes with RT 8.1 and a handful come with Pro. It's important to get the right updated driver.

• 4. Re: surface pro 2
                refal Level 1

Finger/mouse don't produce same result, work well. Using the supplied Surface pen. RE: updates. Been updating regularly. Any specific updates you'd recommend? Note that the stylus works fine everywhere else in the Adobe CC suite, and also fine on Flash CS3.

• 5. Re: surface pro 2

Sometimes Microsoft doesn't have the latest in Windows Update. If I recall, the built-in stylus is Wacom (I'd double check that) but if so then you can download the latest surface pro driver here:

Wacom Feel Driver | Wacom Americas

• 6. Re: surface pro 2
                    refal Level 1

Thank you. I updated the driver but the problem persists. Mind you its only in the brush, pencil and eraser tools. All other tools in Flash CC work well. Any other leads? Thank you very much for the support.

• 7. Re: surface pro 2

That's about all I've got for now. The main point that updated driver was geared for was enabling pressure sensitivity where it didn't work prior (and I did confirm surface pro 2 is wacom, 3 is n-trig).

Are you using CC 2014 or CC btw? My only suggestion if CC is to grab CC 2014 and try it.

I'll leave it at that to see if any others have any suggestions.

1 person found this helpful
                      • 8. Re: surface pro 2
                        refal Level 1

Apologies, all my comments refer to FLASH CC 2014. Flash CC worked fine until I upgraded. Sinious I appreciate your help. Take care.

• 9. Re: surface pro 2
                          TaniaLWalker

I'm having this same issue on a Surface Pro 1 running Windows 8.1 using Flash CC 2014. Stylus is the default Surface stylus but exactly the same issue  with the stylus from my Galaxy Note 2 (both use the same hardware). All drivers are up to date (Wacom drivers).

I tried moving the window to different positions and repeating the same action (drawing from top left corner of the canvas to top left of the Flash window) and the displacement was different - seems to be related to the screen registration not registration inside the Flash window. Looks as if the stylus position is being added to itself with the top left of the screen being 0,0 (so no displacement in top left, most displacement bottom right).

Same problem for the pencil and eraser tools but all other tools are fine. Also, the brush tool in Illustrator CC 2014 works fine.

Hope that helps!

• 10. Re: surface pro 2
                            ZeroXTAD

having the same problem on surface pro 3

• 11. Re: surface pro 2
                              refal Level 1

Thanks for sharing -- that actually clarifies that the problem is neither in Wacom (SP2) or Ntrigue(SP3) drivers. It's adobe's Flash CC 2014 (or Microsoft?)

• 12. Re: surface pro 2
                                Preran Adobe Employee

Hi all,

The product team informs me that the issue is fixed and will be available in the next update. Stay tuned.

Thanks,

Preran

• 13. Re: surface pro 2
                                  ZeroXTAD Level 1

This is great to hear, but I'm curious as to when we'll see said update. My 14 days to return my surface to Best Buy is up on Wednesday, lol.

• 14. Re: surface pro 2
                                    Preran Adobe Employee

I understand the urgency, but we are not at liberty to divulge information related to release dates. The product management team will do that first and we will announce it here immediately afterwards.

• 15. Re: surface pro 2
                                      Asymetrical Adobe Community Professional

Well this is far after the fact, and doesn't relate specifically to the Surface 3 because it uses N-Trig (although it might actually still work) but I suspect the issue is NOT Flash relate specifically but more the Wacom or N-Trig driver fighting with Window's own Tabtip driver that is used for writing. There is a program you can install called Tabtip Tamer created by Chadd Essley which sits in your system tray and when it sees you trying to draw turns off the Tab Tip driver allowing you to draw correctly. I tried to find a link to it but all the links seemed dead so here it is if you want to try it. http://www.animationinsider.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/Tabtip-Tamer-V3.zip

• 16. Re: surface pro 2
                                        refal Level 1

Thanks, Asymetircal. Has Anyone tried this with Flash CC 2014 though?

• 17. Re: surface pro 2
                                          refal Level 1

Hi everyone, the recent Adobe updates fixed this issue. Thanks to everyone who contributed feedback and for Adobe for listening in.

• 18. Re: surface pro 2
                                            ZeroXTAD Level 1

Just got the update. Now every time I try to draw on my SP3, I get an instant line that drags off the screen to the right. This is somehow worse...

• 19. Re: surface pro 2
                                              Asymetrical Adobe Community Professional

Did you ever resolve the issue? I was thinking of purchasing a Surface Pro 2 but since I primarily use Flash in my workflow it seems that's not a good idea.

• 20. Re: surface pro 2
                                                Matt29

I am currently having this exact same problem with flash on my Surface Pro 2. This was not a problem a couple months ago, but it appears to be a problem once again in the latest update. It makes working in flash on the Surface Pro impossible. Please advise.

• 21. Re: surface pro 2
                                                  Matt29 Level 1

Adjusting my text resolution to 100% resolved the issue. However I preferred it when I didn't have to resort to this measure. Makes my screen so difficult to read. Hoping you will address this in the near future. Thanks!

• 22. Re: surface pro 2
                                                    Colin Holgate MVP & Adobe Community Professional

I hope that the Flash Pro team are following this, and will give us an update in the future to avoid the problem.