1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 19, 2014 5:47 PM by A.T. Romano

I received this error: "the importer reported a generic error" when I tried to upload media

Meltebryce Level 1

I have recently started to use a Nikon 1 J3 camera for filming, when I transfer the videos onto the computer they are in the same format as my previous videos (Quick time movie). Why is there a generic error when I try to add that media to premier elements 11?

• 1. Re: I received this error: "the importer reported a generic error" when I tried to upload media
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Meltebryce

What computer operating system is your Premiere Elements 11 running on?

First question, do you have the latest version of QuickTime installed on your computer with Premiere Elements 11?

To support that you do, please go to Publish+Share/Computer/QuickTime and verify that you see presets for the

QuickTime area.

From what I have read about your camera, the camera could be recording

1920 x 1080 60i (29.97 interlaced frames per second/60 fields per second)

1920 x 1080 p30

1280 x 720 p60

1280 x 720 p30

Which one are you using?

What is your project preset? Please verify using Edit Menu/Project Settings/General.

The video compression is listed as H.264 and the file extension .mov. H.264.mov "should" be supported

by Premiere Elements.

How are you importing the H.264.mov into Premiere Elements 11 - Add Media/Files and Folder/Project Assets or something else?

What camera did you previous videos come from? And, can these previous videos still be imported without issue into

the same Premiere Elements 11 project that has its problems with your new source of video files?

Let us start here and then decide what next.

Thank you.

ATR