0 Replies Latest reply on Sep 19, 2014 4:33 PM by jrf2542

Prints fro LR and PS don't match

jrf2542

I scanned a 4x5 black and white negative as a color negative.  In Photoshop I converted it to a 16 bit grayscale image and edited using adjustment layers.  Its profile is Gray Gamma 2.2.  My working space in both PS and Lightroom is Prophoto RGB.  Gamma is set to 1.8 in PS color settings.  I made a print from PS using the ABW module.  It was excellent, and matched the monitor image closely.  I imported the image into my LR catalog and printed it with Jeff’s recommended settings, again using the ABW module.  Brightness and contrast settings in the cheater panel were left at zero. That print looks excellent, but it is slightly darker and more contrasty.  It does not match my monitor as well as the PS print.  I  repeated to assure that I hadn’t blown a setting, with the same results.

Has anyone noticed this difference?  Any ideas on a solution?

My setup:

Intel Core i7 processor, Intel 240 GB SSD internal drive, Western Digital 2 TB internal drive, Western Digital 4 TB external drive, four each 4 GB memory sticks, AMD Firepro V5900 graphics card, Windows 7 Professional 64-bit, Eizo ColorEdge CG243W monitor, X-Rite i1 Display Pro, Epson Stylus Pro 3880 printer.