This content has been marked as final. Show 4 replies
Thanks for your reply. There is good and bad news here.
Following through all the links from the one you sent me, I downloaded a file, dstDates.cfm (technote d2ab4470), which I installed and ran on both my production and development servers. On my production server, I saw that the dst changes had not been made, but I did get the correct time zones (cst, cdt, etc.) in the correct places for a system that has not been updated. When I ran it on my development system, all of the time zones said GMT!!! And they were showing the time as GMT time.
Both systems are running the default MX jre (C:/CFusion/runtime/jre) and have the same JVM, 1.4.2-b28, which is shown in the dstTest results.
I downloaded the JVM update, 1.4.2_11, and installed it. I then went into CF Admin and pointed CF to the new JVM location. I did this with some concern that the JVM Arguments would not be correct. This concern was not unfounded. CF would not start. I restored the original java.config file and CF started again.
So I'm left knowing that my development server returns GMT times instead of local times on my development server and that my production server does not return the correct local time for several weeks during the year. Until I can get the new JVM to run correctly on my development server, I'm not going to try to install the new JVM on my production server.
I've pasted in the results of the dstTest into the code window.
Do you have any suggestions at this point???
Thank you for your help so far.
There shouldn't have been an issue with using a different jdk. It's possible when you edited the file something wasn't entered properly. Try changing the jvm.config so that you can use the 1.4.2_11 jdk. Do the following;
1. Make a backup of the current jvm.config
2. Comment out the current java.home as follows: #java.home=C:/CFusionMX7/runtime/jre
3. Add a new java.home as follows (this presumes the default installation): java.home=C:/j2sdk1.4.2_11
4. Save the jvm.config and start the server
It worked this time. I didn't edit java.config before. I used the Java and JVM function on CFAdmin. It changed the JVM Arguements, which may have been the problem. By editing the java.config file with WordPad, I only changed the java.home.
After CF restarted, the dates were still reading GMT when I ran dstTest so I went back into the TZ setup with Microsoft's editor and reset them. That didn't change anything so I changed my TZ to MDT and that worked; i.e., dstTest showed everything correctly -- all TZ's as MDT. I then reset my TZ to CDT and rebooted the server. Everything is working correctly now.
What a PIA!!! By the way, I'm still using CFusionMX, 6.1.
Thanks for all your help!!! I would not have been able to solve this problem without your help.