8 Replies Latest reply on Sep 24, 2014 11:21 AM by wasabi65

Lightroom mobile slideshow very slow

wasabi65

Lightroom mobile on ipad - takes very long to sync a collection of about 120 jpg. Once this is done, showing them as slideshow takes forever. After two days LRmobile is now only able to show the first four/five jpgs of the collection as slideshow (or in full resolution). It is not my wlan, as at the same time i can transfer the full size jpgs via dropbox in about 45 minutes. If this stays like that, i will continue to use dropbox and not LR.

• 1. Re: Lightroom mobile slideshow very slow
          ibarrien Adobe Employee

Hi,

can you please let us know which version you are using?

It would be good to know where you got the JPG's from and their estimated size.

What would help would be if you could take diagnostics log and send it to me privately.

You can do so by pressing the Lr icon in the settings and keep it pressed for a couple of seconds.

Thanks,

Ignacio

• 2. Re: Lightroom mobile slideshow very slow
            wasabi65 Level 1

Thanks!

I sent a diagnostics log from my ipad to the address that LRmobile selects. I would not know how to sent it to you directly in this forum.

On PC w7/64 I use LR5.6. The jpgs comes straight out of my Panasonic point & shoot or my Olympus OM-D-EM10. They range from 4-11 Mb. The ones that were rendered are not smaller than the others.

Best regards

Bruno

• 3. Re: Lightroom mobile slideshow very slow
              ibarrien Adobe Employee

The log unfortunately doesn't tell me anything that can indicate that there's an error somewhere.

Do I understand it correctly that you have problem getting the images from Lr Desktop to Lightroom Mobile?

In that case you need to send diagnostics log from Lightroom Desktop to the same mail address as before.

You can do this by going to

1. preferences, Lightroom mobile,

2. pressing the alt button

3. press Generate Diagnostics log button

Thanks,

Ignacio

• 4. Re: Lightroom mobile slideshow very slow
                wasabi65 Level 1

Sorr if I was not clear. The transfer of the files to LRmobile worked. I could see them there even though took also a while. For a long time they were rendered only at low resulution. What then really never worked was to show them at full resolution as slideshow.

• 5. Re: Lightroom mobile slideshow very slow
                  wasabi65 Level 1

Hi

created a collection with 14 of the original jpgs on my pc, then synced to LRmobile. They are in total 35 Mb. LR5.6 on the pc said after 15 min that upload was done.

Then went to ipad, opened LRmobile, collection was there and the previews were visible after 30 sec. Then opened the first 1-4, their rendering at resolution takes about 2-5 min per foto. When i activate slideshow, the first two-three are shown at full resolution the others not. In the top right corner a cloud/pause symbol is shown saying that a  foto could not be loaded.

At this point i triggered another diagnostics log from LRmobile, which you should have received just now.

• 6. Re: Lightroom mobile slideshow very slow
                    wasabi65 Level 1

JUst noticed, the first two that are rendered fully are smaller and from my Pana pointandshoot. The others are larger and from the OM-D-EM10.

• 7. Re: Lightroom mobile slideshow very slow
                      wasabi65 Level 1

Forgot to add that these are smaller jpg exported from LR5.6 to my HD to have 2000pixel max on the long side.

• 8. Re: Lightroom mobile slideshow very slow
                        wasabi65 Level 1

Update - as this did not work again, i noticed that in LRmobile the collection has the option to activate it for offline editing. Did this - it took 30 min. to download the 14 jpgs!!! Once this was done, they were available at full resolution when opened and also as slideshow. Then deactivating their offline editing did not affect this.

EDit

deactivating the offline editing DID remove the hi res images. After about one hour, opening or slideshow showed again only low res images. And again rendering hi res was stuck.

edit

To me this looks like LRmobile does not trigger properly the download from the server AND even if it does so, the download is way too slow with 30 min for 14 jpgs of 35 Mb total.

Any thoughts how to improve?

PS

Uploading the same jpgs to Dropbox and then down to the ipad took about 3 minutes...thinking that I am using dropbox in its free version, but pay for Lightroom...