5 Replies Latest reply on Sep 21, 2014 7:53 PM by A.T. Romano

no audio with video Premiere 11, distorted work area

nursesharonhaz

I downloaded Premiere 11 onto my Macbook Pro.  I have 2 issues, I have no audio on videos or with narration.  Mp3's play fine.  When I bring media into the work space, every thing is distorted and I can't see where I am dropping it or what I am doing with it.  We have Premiere 11 on my husbands Mac and it works fine.  Any help would be appreciated.

• 1. Re: no audio with video Premiere 11, distorted work area
          A.T. Romano Level 7

nurseshronhaz

Where do mp3 play fine - in Premiere Elements 11 workspace or computer player or both?

Where are the narration clips coming from - Premiere Elements narration tool or other? If other, what is the file extension?

Do the audio problems start after the addition of the narration to the project with the Narration Tool, ending with no sound for

audio of a video, but narration sound OK? Or, immediately on import, there is no sound for audio of a video, and, when

you generate a narration clip using the Narration Tool, there is never any sound to be heard at its playback?

What is the brand/model/settings for the camera that recorded the audio with video file?

Targeting the computer operating system, what is the difference between your Premiere Elements 11 Macbook Pro and your husband's Premiere Elements 11 Mac? Are either of the Premiere Elements 11 from the Mac App Store?

Let us start here and then we can decide what next.

Thanks.

ATR

• 2. Re: no audio with video Premiere 11, distorted work area
            nursesharonhaz Level 1

The mp3’s play fine in Elements 11 workspace and on the computer player. 

The narration clips are audio that I narrated in Premiere Elements, and I can see input display going up and down that it hears me, but it won’t play back.  Then I tried to bring a video from our camera, they are .MOV’s, and they play fine on the computer, but when I put them in the workspace, I have video, but no audio.    They are  .MOV’s.  An mp3 continues to play fine.

Also, when I bring any media into the workspace, While I’m dragging it, the workspace distorts weird and I can’t tell what or where I’m going with it.  after I drop it, then the workspace goes back to normal. 

We totally took elements off and download them again and they are still doing the same thing. 

We bought the Premiere 11 from Amazon I think, but they are disc that we downloaded from, not the internet. 

My computer is Macbook Pro OSX Version 10.9.5.

2.4 GHz Intel core i5.

8 GM 1600 MHz DDR3

Intel iris 1536 MB

My husbands is OSX 10.9.5

3.06 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3

ATI Radeon HD 4670 256MB

Thank you for your help.  I have done a lot of work with Premiere elements and know the program but my husband had to buy me my own computer so I would stay off of his.  Now, it’s frustrating because I can’t get it to work right. 

SH

• 3. Re: no audio with video Premiere 11, distorted work area
              A.T. Romano Level 7

nursesharonhaz

Thanks for the details. Moving forward...assuming that all new projects behave the same with regard to your problem media in your Premiere Elements 11 Mac.

1. Narration. Please create a .wav narration clip in the free audio editor named Audacity and import them into Premiere Elements 11 Mac with the project's Add Media/Files and Folder/Project Assets from where you drag it to the Timeline Narration Track.

2. MOV File. What is the brand/model/settings for the camera that recorded that video?

Double check to assure that you have the latest version of QuickTime installed on your computer with Premiere Elements 11 Mac.

How does the editing workspace distorts weirdly when the .mov file is dragged from Project Assets to Video Track 1 of the Timeline?

Do MaxBook Pro have themes as does Windows (Aero, Basic, and High Contrast)?

3. Miscellaenous. Delete the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file in the 12.0 Folder

Users\Libraries\............\Adobe\Premiere Elements\12.0

For Mac, I am not sure if the ......is Preferences or Application Support

I am wondering about your Intel Iris video card/graphics card. Need to find out if there is any history on that with Premiere Elements.

If none of the above presents as contributing to the core issue, then let us try downloading a new source of installation files. Please do so from

the following web site. We will be using installation files for Premiere Elements 11 tryout into which you can insert your purchased serial number.

Photoshop Elements 11 Direct Download Links: Free Trials, Premiere | ProDesignTools

You can also look at the Premiere Elements 12 tryout to determine if there is any difference in behavior between 11 and 12.

Adobe Photoshop Elements 12 Direct Download Links, Premiere too | ProDesignTools

Let us see if any of the above has any impact on your situation.

Thanks.

ATR

• 4. Re: no audio with video Premiere 11, distorted work area
                nursesharonhaz Level 1

Thank you we will see what we can get to work and let you know what works.  It may be a few days as we are going to be busy and out of town. 

SH

• 5. Re: no audio with video Premiere 11, distorted work area
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

SH

We will be looking forward to your follow up whenever your schedule permits.

I forgot to include the link to Audacity in the previous thread...

Audacity: Free Audio Editor and Recorder

Best wishes

ATR