4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 23, 2014 11:41 AM by A.T. Romano

text size in PE11

Brookes49

Hi,

I am finding the text in PE11 a bit on the small size ( file, edit and the drop downs etc) is there away of increasing it?  I am running 8.1

Thanks

• 1. Re: text size in PE11
          John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

You MAY be able to do something in Windows

Right click on any open area of your desktop and select Screen Resolution at the bottom of the pop up window, and select the option to change text

• 2. Re: text size in PE11
            A.T. Romano Level 7

Brookes49

Under Control Panel/Appearance and Personalization/Display, you can click on "Make text and other items larger or smaller".

Make sure that there is a check mark next to "Let me choose one scaling level for all my displays." in order to see the options

for Smallerr 100% and Medium 125%. Try the 125% instead of 100%.

You may want to review the following Windows 8.1 document for display information

Make the text on your screen larger or smaller - Microsoft Windows Help

Please let us know the outcome.

Thank you.

ATR

Add On...my comments are specific and detailed for your Premiere Elements 11 on Windows 8.1 64 bit.

• 3. Re: text size in PE11
              Brookes49 Level 1

Hi guys

Many thanks for your reply's, they were very helpful.

I have managed to change the settings to 125% and that has helped with the drop down lists but the headings are still a bit small.  If I increase it more I loose a lot of the scream shot.

I have installed the magnifier and set it to PE 11,as it follows the pointer, just pressing the windows button and the + or - button together Increasing or decreasing the area together helps.

thanks again

Arthur

• 4. Re: text size in PE11
                A.T. Romano Level 7

Arthur

Thanks for the follow up which will be appreciated by all.

You did a great job sorting through the suggestions to get them to work for you.

Never hesitate to ask questions or to ask for clarification.

Best wishes

ATR