4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 21, 2014 5:52 PM by mikefromoakland Branched to a new discussion.

Ae cs6 non responsive turns white?

mikefromoakland Level 1

hello my after effects seems to stop responding every so often then the project/screen turns white hangs fopr a while maybe a minute to a few then pops back into shape very very often ?

windows 7

cs6

gtx 780

any one here?

mike d.

Oakland ca

• 1. Re: Ae cs6 non responsive turns white?
          Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Since you did not give us exact version of CS6 that you are using the only suggestion I have is to make sure you have run all of the updates. If you are current, then tell us exactly what you are doing when After Effects becomes unresponsive. It could be lots of things. You could be running out of memory, have a plug-in that is causing the problem, or have any one of dozens of other issues. Without any idea of what you are doing when you get the it's very hard to tell.

• 2. Re: Ae cs6 non responsive turns white?
            mikefromoakland Level 1

Hello yes im up to date..im just plain using Ae .. it starts off when loading my project ..to begin with I wait project turns on if I make any changes deselect a layer or move anything I get "not responding" goes white two miutes later back to the same repetive cycle....bummed slows down the creative flow.....weird...

• 3. Re: Ae cs6 non responsive turns white?
              Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

If AE will launch but is crashing when you load a project then try another project that just contains some shape layers or solids. Save that project, then open it. If it opens fine, then the project you are loading has something in it that is not compatible with AE.

Has that project ever loaded? If it did, what changed on your system. Something did or some of the files got corrupted. Give these suggestions a try and report back.

• 4. Re: Ae cs6 non responsive turns white?
                mikefromoakland Level 1

Rick!! hey thanks for replying..
                ive been a little busy this weekend?..! ive tried to download the latest cloud trial of ae and experiencing same problems? but only the same project?

ill keep at it ..or something

mike d.