1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 18, 2007 12:22 AM by Roger N

Breadcrumbs

CRO1 Level 1
      Hello All,

I did a search on Breadcrumbs in this forum and found some information linking me to Roger Nilsson's site where a Javascript file may be downloaded.

Two questions regarding the script file. Does the array in the file have to reflect each HTML topic within the project?

Within the file the intructions are:

This tree should be based on the Table of Contents (a generation configuration available with MacroMedia's RoboHelp and RoboHtml).

What is a generation configuration and where within RoboHelp X5 can I find it?

Cheers,
        • 1. Re: Breadcrumbs
          Roger N Level 2

First Question: "Does the array in the file have to reflect each HTML topic within the project?"

First Answer: no, only the next level up and upwards. Each individual topic is reflected in the last item of the breadcrumbs by grabbing the document <title> tag. No input from the author required.

Second Question: "What is a generation configuration and where within RoboHelp X5 can I find it?"

Second Answer: The "generation configuration" is a fancy schmancy way of saying the settings you choose when generating Webhelp. You can also go to properties, choose them, and save them.

If in RoboHelp for Word, it's found if you go to generate your WebHelp: choose Webhelp, Generate, and in the 2nd window called "WebHelp Type," click the "Advanced..." button, check the checkbox for "Create subfolders based on TOC structure."

In RoboHtml, it builds the directory structure based on your source folder structure.