4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 26, 2016 9:48 PM by Roei Tzoref

font size increasing/decreasing shortcut suddenly changed the increments

Roei Tzoref Adobe Community Professional

in a certain PSD templates I am working on suddenly the short cut of shift+ctrl+>< is not changing by 2pt increments but by 3.14pt

it only happens with the current text. when I create a new text the increments is now by 1 px.

can anyone give an explanation to how to control the increments of this evasive shortcut?

thanks

here attached is link to the psd file.

txtproblem.psd - Speedy Share - upload your files here

thanks

• 1. Re: font size increasing/decreasing shortcut suddenly changed the increments
          Level 5

Due to the current unavailability of clairvoyants and mind-readers in the forum, we respectfully request you supply sensible, complete details.

BOILERPLATE TEXT:

Note that because this is boilerplate text, not all points may apply to any given, specific poster.

If you give complete and detailed information about your setup and the issue at hand,

such as your platform (Mac or Win),

exact versions of your OS, of Photoshop (not just "CS6", but something like CS6v.13.0.6) and of Bridge,

your settings in Photoshop > Preference > Performance

the type of file you were working on,

machine specs, such as total installed RAM, scratch file HDs, total available HD space, video card specs, including total VRAM installed,

what troubleshooting steps you have taken so far,

what error message(s) you receive,

if having issues opening raw files also the exact camera make and model that generated them,

if you're having printing issues, indicate the exact make and model of your printer, paper size, image dimensions in pixels (so many pixels wide by so many pixels high). if going through a RIP, specify that too.

etc.,

someone may be able to help you (not necessarily this poster).

embedding a screen shot of your settings or of the image in your post could be very helpful too; but most of us will simply NOT click on unknown links, and using a site that asks you to create an account just to download your confounded file is extremely bad form, as you are putting the onus on your fellow users who are giving their time free of charge. 

Please read this FAQ for advice on how to ask your questions correctly for quicker and better answers:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/419981?tstart=0

Thanks!

• 2. Re: font size increasing/decreasing shortcut suddenly changed the increments
            Level 5

Perhaps now you'll understand why your thread was already on Page 4 when I replied.

• 3. Re: font size increasing/decreasing shortcut suddenly changed the increments

o.k station_two thank you for taking the time and duly noted.

I do hope you actually read the problem since 95% of the general boilerplate text you posted is not relevant for this type of problem.

may I refer you to this post on a related topic:

My font size and leading shortcut will only increment by one pixel. How can I change it back to two?

which is only one sentence without any explanation of hardware and memory or screenshots and it is

still quite clear what the problem is and it got quite a few responses.

this is not a version or computer related problem since I have checked it

in more than one computer and version. the other specifications are not relevant and screenshots won't further clarify the problem.

about the attachment you can download the file without doing anything simply by choosing "slow download"

I am not aware of a free service for upload psd files here in the forum but if there is one please enlighten me.

• 4. Re: font size increasing/decreasing shortcut suddenly changed the increments

I figured this out a long time ago and forgot to post it. there's seem to be a enigmatic connection between scaling the text with free transform, and changing it's pt value. you can make a text large in either of those, but once you scale it with free transform, it changes the increments relatively the next time you use the short cut to increase it's size.

for example:

you add a text let's say it's 100pt when you add it:

no you want to increase/decrease it's size so you use the shortcut Ctrl+Alt+ < > - it will increase or decrease by 1 pt. but if you change it's size with free transfrom (Ctrl+T) and scale it 50%

now when you use the shortcut Ctrl+Alt+ < > to increase/decrease it will do that  by 0.5pt values. this was influencing my workflow when working many with PSD templates with text, (for instance someone created the template and scaled back and forth and now the shortcut has some weird increments that are not good for anyone) and I am sure that knowing about this behavior is important.