4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 20, 2014 12:03 PM by BigMFishing

How to place video over background video?

BigMFishing

How do I place video over background video? (Premiere Elements 11)

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Marvin

• 1. Re: How to place video over background video?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Marvin

What computer operating system is your Premiere Elements 11 running on?

Video on Video Track 1 and second video on Video Track 2, but....

Select video on Video Track 2, click on screen to bring up the image's bounding box, drag on one of

the bounding box handles to scale down the image to create black around the image. That black is

transparency which will let the video on Video Track 1 show through.

You can also drag the scaled down image to a different position in the process.

Alternately, you could select video on Video Track 2, and use Motion Panel Expanded's Scale property to scale

down the image to whatever size you want. See Applied Effects Tab/Applied Effects Palette/Motion Panel expanded.

Please review and consider. If any questions or need clarification, please let us know.

We will be watching for your follow up.

Thank you.

ATR

Add On....Also see PiPs, in fx Effects/Presets and the 25% and 40% PiPs there.

Adobe Premiere Elements 11 * Creating a picture-in-picture overlay

• 2. Re: How to place video over background video?
            BigMFishing Level 1

Hello AT.

I am running Windows 7

What I want to do is make a video with background video and then place a

video in corner of background video.

I want to show a few short clips of fishing for my business and then me

just in one corner for a short meet the Captain vid for my website. I have

no idea how to do this if I have to shrink video or transparent it in some

way etc.

On Sat, Sep 20, 2014 at 10:01 AM, A.T. Romano <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

• 3. Re: How to place video over background video?
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Marvin

Thanks for the reply.

Did you try the basic way step that I posted as well as the Picture in Picture (PiPs) way step in the link?

If so and you are having problems, I will write up a mini tutorial for you. I think that the Picture in Picture

way probably would be the easiest for you.

Before you reply, please give the following a try

1. Video on Video Track 1

2. Video on Video Track 2

3. Select Video on Video Track 2 and go to fx Effects Tab at bottom of the Expert workspace. Go to Presets and then select

the PiP 25% LL effect.

PiPexample.jpg

Click and drag the PiP 25% LL (lower left) effect into the video on Video Track 2. Before you do that, all that you will see on screen

is the plant with full leaves. Once the video on Video Track 2 is scaled automatically to 25% by the effect, you can see the video below

on Video Track 1. Before that all you could not see any portion of the video on Video Track 1. With your mouse cursor, you can move the scaled video to wherever you want to in the frame and also enlarge it by dragging on the handles that you can see for its bounding box.

Explore and experiment and then let me know where you need supplemental information to get your task completed successfully.

Thank you.

ATR

• 4. Re: How to place video over background video?
                BigMFishing Level 1

Hello AT. I have not tried the steps you recommend

yet. As soon as I get back home i will get back to work on your steps you provided me.

Sent on the new Sprint Network Marvin E