2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 30, 2014 12:04 AM by JohnnyJomp

"change modules error"

arlo020

I got photoshop about 6 months ago and having been using it often. It usually works fine, without errors, but I recently downloaded and installed Lightroom and it doesn't seem to work at all. Every time I try to open the application it says, "An error occurred when attempting to change modules." and the app opens, but I am unable to use it at all. I can't find a way to fix it, I even uninstalled the entire app, reinstalled it and tried it again, but got the same error message. Has anyone experienced this? Or does anyone know how to fix the error? Any advice would be appreciated, thanks

• 2. Re: "change modules error"
          JohnnyJomp Level 1

Thanks!

This is what fixed it (I think. I hope!) for me:

Solution 5: Set correct permissions on Lightroom folder inside Application Support

NOTE: Use this solution if you are asked for your serial number after you relaunch Lightroom after getting this error.

The Lightroom folder inside Application Support could have the wrong permissions preventing Lightroom from writing to it which can cause this error.

• Navigate to the following folder: /Users/[user name]/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Lightroom
          • Highlight the Lightroom folder and chose File > Get Information
          • Under Sharing & Permission, verify that your have Read & Write Privileges. If not, click the padlock icon at the lower right, enter your password when prompted, then click the Read only entry and select Read & Write.

Important: (Mac OS) Apple made the user library folder hidden by default with the release of Mac OS X 10.7. If you need access to files in the hidden library folder to perform Adobe-related troubleshooting, see How to access hidden user library files.

joHN