Can you explain the procedure step by step?
I Have not been working on my PC for almost 2 years, so there can be details that won't be able to recall, but roughly it goes like that:
1. You add a photo on Ps and you note its size,
2. You create a new canvas the same size of your image,
3. You copy your photo
4. You paste it on top of the canvas
5. You select the photo, and you drag it by 1 or 2 corners,
6. When your are satisfy with the results, you deselect and you merge the 2 layers,
7. There might be a little bit of cropping to do.
EXperience and you find the right way!
So you just want to crop a photo?
With your image added to your project, tap the "&" in the upper right corner, second icon from the right. Tap, "Crop."
You can lock perspective using the option with the "chain links" icon. I'll leave you to explore the other options.
No, obviously, I do not want JUST to crop a photo! I want to crop a photo WHITOUT LOSING ANY PIXELS...
Do the converse. Instead of bringing the handles in during a crop, bring them out.
Are you trying to composite and resize an image on top of another?