3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 23, 2014 6:24 AM by A.T. Romano

Capture from SONY PJ650VE

jeanmontagne

Impossible to capture directly video files into PE 12 from SONY PJ650VE camcorder.

• 1. Re: Capture from SONY PJ650VE
          A.T. Romano Level 7

jeanmontagne

What version of Premiere Elements are you using and on what computer operating system is it running?

From what I have read of your camera, it is not a miniDV HDV camcorder with firewire connection to the computer and the Premiere Elements capture window. So, I am assuming that you are trying to do a connection between the camera, computer, and Premiere Elements via a USB connection and one of the Add Media choices other than DV or HDV Camcorder?

Please explain in detail, including Premiere Elements Add Media or Get Media choice, so that we do not take anything for granted.

What happens if you download your camera files to the computer and then import them into Premiere Elements with its Add Media or Get Media/Files and Folders?

We will be watching for your follow up with the information needed for us to help you.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Capture from SONY PJ650VE
            jeanmontagne Level 1

Thanks for your answer.

I use P.E. 10 Under Windows 8.1

Initially, I tried to capture with button "Caméscope HDV" and I got the message "Aucune camera HDV connectée" although my camcorder indicated it was connected.

Recently, I used the button "Flip, AVCHD....and it looks like it works!

• 3. Re: Capture from SONY PJ650VE
              A.T. Romano Level 7

jeanmontagne

Great news. Great job of sorting through the troubleshooting details.

As long as your Premiere Elements 10 on Windows 8.1 64 bit does not involve a NVIDIA GeForce video card/graphics card, you should do well.

Best wishes as you move forward with your Premiere Elements project.

ATR