Yesterday,I downloaded an update for Lightroom 5. Now when I try to import, I receive the following message: "An internal error has occurred: not enough memory". The message comes up right after I click import, before I choose a file to upload.Here is the information I can think of that might be needed to answer this question:
- I always download my photos onto an external hard drive.It is about 10 % full.
- It says I have Lightroom 5.6 64 bit
- I am working from a newer laptop (Windows). The internal drive on the laptop has 289 gb and I am using 61 gb total memory.
- I have edited 2794 photos in Lightroom and it is all in one catalog.
- I did not have this problem until I made the update. I did have my first "bug" earlier this week when one of my photos had a line show up through the middle of it when I exported it. I was able to export it a second time without the line.
If there is more info. needed, let me know. I do photography as a hobby and know enough about Lightroom to edit out blemishes and adjust color balance, but not too much more, so forgive my ignorance if this is an obvious fix.
Not Enough Memory typically refers to RAM. How much RAM do you have on your 64-bit OS computer? Do you have other programs running that may be using most of the memory?
I have 4 gb of Ram (3.88 available). I use googlechrome, excel, word, and lightroom on my laptop. No games, apps, etc.
Thanks for your reply.