9 Replies Latest reply on Sep 28, 2014 7:45 AM by A.T. Romano

Gravure de montage avec menu

jeanmontagne

Impossible de graver un montage avec menu sur un DVD. J'ai suivi votre recommandation (je n'ai pas NERO ), mais le fichier exporté en .mpg perd la structure du menu!

• 1. Re: Gravure de montage avec menu
          A.T. Romano Level 7

jeanmontagrie

You wrote

. I followed your recommendation

Whose recommendations did you follow? This is not Adobe. Rather user to user at the forum level. Where you in contact with Adobe Chat on this matter?

What version of Premiere Elements are you using and on what computer operating system is it running?

What do you mean by "the exported in .mpg file loses the structure of the menu!"? Are you working with Premiere Elements 9.0/9.0.1

by any chance?

You have your content on the Timeline, you apply a disc menu, you go to burn to DVD disc....

a. if you explore the DVD-VIDEO on DVD disc, do you find an OpenDVD Folder and VIDEO_TS Folder?

b. inside the VIDEO_TS Folder, do you find a VTS_01_1.VOB file that you can play back with a computer

program?

We need a lot more clarification and details to help you.

We will be looking forward to your follow up.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Gravure de montage avec menu
            jeanmontagne Level 1

Thanks for your answer,

I use P.E. 10 Under Windows 8.1

Pushing button "Menus du disque" I edited  my menu with chapters....without any problem.

Pushing button "Partager" "Disque" " Graver des DVD", I got Under "Etat" , "Nom du disque incorrect" and the button "Graver" is not operating.

Then, I used button "Exporter les fichiers pour les afficher sur un ordinateur", Then "MPG" then "Utiliser pour la lecture sur cet ordinateur ou pour graver un DVD". It works, but I lost the menu structure and get only the chapters in mpg file.

Jean colombaud

• 3. Re: Gravure de montage avec menu
              A.T. Romano Level 7

jeanmontagne

Disc menu is possible only for the burn to disc/burn to folder in Share/Disc/. You cannot export your Timeline to a file (such as .mpg) and have menus.

There is one exception which is called webDVD, but that is really a flash file which has a menu.

Our focus is on the burn to DVD disc and the burn dialog's Disc Name field which is showing "Disc name incorrect."

Are you accepting the default name of the disc which is a series of numbers or are you trying to change the name to something else?

In the burn dialog, when you select Burn To: Disc, the next line is "Disc Name".

In the burn dialog, when you select Burn To: Folder (4.7 GB), the next line is "Folder Name" instead of "Disc Name".

What happens if you select Burn To: Folder (4.7 GB)....do you get the next line "Folder Name" followed by Folder Name Incorrect?

If you create a new project, is the problem still there?

Let us start here and then decide what next.

Thank you.

ATR

• 4. Re: Gravure de montage avec menu
                jeanmontagne Level 1

Thanks for the retrieval

I am requested "Emplacement du dossier" and I dont know What to answer. If I left it blanck, I get 'Emplacement du dossier incorrect".

Jean Colombaud

• 5. Re: Gravure de montage avec menu
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

jeanmontagne

Thank you for the reply.

My best translation with the help of Google Translate

Emplacement du dossie = Folder Location

If you are doing a burn to folder - Folder (4.7 GB), the default for Folder Location is usually seen as C:\Users\owner\Documents. That should be OK.

But, if it is not, what happens if you click on the Browse button to the right of the Folder Location field and browse to and select the computer desktop

for the save of the folder from the burn to folder?

But, let us know what is shown in the Folder Location field that is returning the message about the wrong folder location.

Thank you.

ATR

• 6. Re: Gravure de montage avec menu
                    jeanmontagne Level 1

Thanks a lot.

I could compile and store the movie on the computer desktop. Then I burned a DVD.

I can play the DVD on a computer  with a click on Video-TS-IFO.

Unfortunately, no way to play the disk on a DVD reader  connected to a TV, which is my final objective.

Jean

• 7. Re: Gravure de montage avec menu
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

Jean

If you successful did a burn to folder - Folder (4.7 GB), let us review the steps to compare notes

1. Burn to folder - Folder (4.7 GB)...... DVD-VIDEO files to a folder saved to the computer hard drive.

That folder should contain a OpenDVD Folder and a VIDEO_TS Folder.

2. The VTS_01_1.VOB and (more in the series if a large project) is the video file. You should be able to

play that on your computer.

3. But, once you have the saved folder, the main objective is not to play it on your computer or TV at

that stage.

4. You take just the whole VIDEO_TS Folder to the free program ImgBurn to get your DVD-VIDEO on DVD disc

which you can play back on the computer or TV DVD player. Please review

How to burn a DVD Folder with ImgBurn - AfterDawn: Guides

Those who cannot get the burn to disc to work have been using the burn to folder/ImgBurn route to get the DVD-VIDEO

on DVD disc.

Please review and, if any questions or need clarification, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you.

ATR

• 8. Re: Gravure de montage avec menu
                        jeanmontagne Level 1

Once more, thanks a lot.  It works!

My mistake was to burn both folders "Open DVD" & "Video-TS" on the disk.

Jean Colombaud

• 9. Re: Gravure de montage avec menu
                          A.T. Romano Level 7

Jean Colombaud

Great news.

You may see mention of an Audio_TS Folder that is not seen in the folder from Premiere Elements burn to folder.

This Audio_TS Folder sometimes can be indicated for player to player compatibility. I do not use it and have not had

any player compatibility issues for the DVD-VIDEO on DVD disc.

But, if you ever run into that type of situation, here is what you can explore...

1. On the computer desktop create a new empty folder. Name that folder "Audio_TS".

2. Then import the VIDEO_TS Folder from the Premiere Elements burn to folder plus the empty Audio_TS Folder into

the ImgBurn program for the end product DVD-VIDEO on DVD disc.

Best wishes

ATR