5 Replies Latest reply on Sep 22, 2014 6:00 PM by A.T. Romano

TEC Vertical

TinmanTom

Avi video imports in horizontal position. Want to change to vertical! How?

• 1. Re: TEC Vertical
          flyingj481 Adobe Community Professional (Moderator)

Let's start with the basics.

What Adobe product are you trying to use?

• 2. Re: TEC Vertical
            flyingj481 Adobe Community Professional (Moderator)

TinmanTom wrote:

Adobe Premiere Elements 1.0

Moved to Premiere Elements Forum.

• 3. Re: TEC Vertical
              A.T. Romano Level 7

TinmanTom

Your thread is now in the Adobe Premiere Elements Forum where Premiere Elements questions should be placed.

Please verify....are you working with Premiere Elements 1.0 or Premiere Elements 10 and on what computer operating

system?

Then we can get to work answering this question which sounds like it is going to involved the "Rotation" option of the program.

We will give you specific details once we have the above information.

The answers will be in the details.

Thank you.

ATR

• 4. Re: TEC Vertical
                TinmanTom Level 1

I have Adobe Photoshop Elements 10, but also Adobe Premiere Elements 10 that my son gave me for Christmas. I've been working with photo programs since 1985 (probably before you were born) i.e adobe photo Deluxe 2.0, Microsoft Picture it -99, Windows movie maker.

I'm on Windows 7 OS

Too many bells and whistles in the new software?

• 5. Re: TEC Vertical
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

TinmanTom

If you have imported a video clip into Premiere Elements 10 on Windows 7 64 bit and you want to change its orientation in the Timeline workspace Timeline

a. select/highlight the Timeline video clip

b. go to Properties for the video clip (either Window Menu/Properties or click on the Properties icon above the Timeline)

c. go to Properties/Motion Panel expanded and the Rotation option there.

Alternatively, you could right click the video on the Timeline, and, from the pop up menu, select Rotate 90 Right or Rotate 90 Left.

Rotate.jpg

The above is an answer to your immediate question on video orientation in Premiere Elements project.

Using Premiere Elements 10 as your video editing can involve other areas of concern.

a. selection of correct project preset for project to match properties of source media

b. Premiere Elements 10/NVIDIA GeForce video card/graphics card issue which is specific for Premiere

Elements 10 and display issues.

If you need any assistance in those areas or others in your Premiere Elements 10 workflows, please do not hesitate to ask.

When you post in these forums, I have no prior knowledge of your background. This is not Adobe, rather a user to user forum.

Visitor here like yourself.

ATR