1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 10, 2006 2:35 AM by frashjiveturkey

DVD VIDEO / PC / MAC CD HYBRID ISSUES

brainbrian
      I am having several issues burning a DVD-Video disc in conjunction w. a PC / MAC Interactive CD-ROM.

I'm not using the DVD video to be played in director, the only issues I'm having are regarding burning the disc and the auto-start features.

Burning:
      I am using Toast Titanium 7.0 to burn the disc. Normally for a Interactive CD I burn a custom hybrid w. the Mac and PC on their separate partitions. The problem comes in w. the DVD video portion. I can't burn this type of a disc. I even tried recording multiple sessions, but w. the 2 different disc formats, I couldn't write multiple sessions to the same disc. Is it possible to make a custom hybrid disc w. dvd content on it?

Auto-start:
      I am also having an issue with the auto-starting of the disk on both a PC and Mac. I know I cannot have the disk autostart on a mac, but is there anyway to disable the DVD Player on a Mac to not auto-play the dvd? On a PC it really depends on the system I'm on if the DVD or CD auto-start. I have a autorun.inf file on the disc for launching the CD, but on some computers the DVD Player overwrites this and launches the DVD Video portion. On others the CD launches fine. Is there a way to ensure that the CD portion of the CD is what only auto-starts on the disc on all windows machines?

Thank you for reading my concerns and please get back to me with any solutions / experience any of you have had regarding these issues.

- Brian
      brian@brianbehrens.net
        • 1. Re: DVD VIDEO / PC / MAC CD HYBRID ISSUES
          frashjiveturkey
          As far as I know the DVD Player autorun is a user preference, I don't think you can override it. It is set in System Preferences>CDs & DVD's. As default it's set to open DVD player as soon as a DVD video disc is inserted.

Have you tried dropping the VIDEO_TS folder into the data folder in Toast alongside the multimedia files? Haven't tried this before, but it might be worth a shot.