2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 21, 2014 11:00 PM by duglst

In the Print Module, should I choose High or Standard?

duglst Level 1

Kelby says he always uses High. Schewe recommends Standard if you have sharpened adequately in the Develop Module. Any advice? I always sharpen adequately and lately I have been fine tuning radius rather than resort to using Clarity. I'm getting ready to print several close up bird pics and I want to get this right without wasting a lot of printer paper and ink.

Thanks!

Doug

Doug20140428-IMG_6914-Edit[1].jpg

• 1. Re: In the Print Module, should I choose High or Standard?
          Jao vdL Adobe Community Professional & MVP

This is largely a matter of taste and might differ depending on the subject matter. It might also depend on how good your vision and print lighting conditions are. With a picture such as this you might want to go high just to emphasize the detail in the plumage as a creative choice. It will probably hold up well. I do agree with Jeff that when pictures are correctly capture sharpened, standard generally looks best for most images. High can look over sharpened.

• 2. Re: In the Print Module, should I choose High or Standard?
            duglst Level 1

Thanks!

This is the correct answer I was expecting but I was hoping there would be a more objective solution. I will print one at High and one at Standard and see if I have a preference. If I prefer standard I suppose I am applying enough sharpening in the Develop Module.