Use a PSD template for your brochure your describing a simple Collage.
A video showing a 5 image collage PSD template being populates with images: http://www.mouseprints.net/old/dpr/Populate911_720p.mp4
Photo Collage Toolkit
Photoshop scripting is powerful and I believe this package demonstrates this.
The package includes four simple rules to follow when making Photo Collage Template PSD files so they will be compatible with my Photoshop scripts.
- Size the photo collage templates for the print size you want - width, height and print DPI resolution.
- Photo collage templates must have a Photoshop background layer. The contents of this layer can be anything.
- Photo collage templates must have alpha channels named "Image 1", "Image 2", ... "Image n".
- Photo collage templates layers above the background layers must provide transparent areas to let the images that will be placed below them show through.
There are twelve scripts in this package they provide the following functions:
- TestCollageTemplate.jsx - Used to test a Photo Collage Template while you are making it with Photoshop.
- CollageTemplateBuilder.jsx - Can build Templates compatible with this toolkit's scripts.
- LayerToAlphaChan.jsx - Used to convert a Prototype Image Layer stack into a template document.
- InteractivePopulateCollage.jsx - Used to interactively populate Any Photo Collage template. Offers most user control inserting pictures and text.
- ReplaceCollageImage.jsx - use to replace a populated collage image Smart Object layer with an other image correctly resized and positioned.
- ChangeTextSize.jsx - This script can be used to change Image stamps text size when the size used by the populating did not work well.
- PopulateCollageTemplate.jsx - Used to Automatically populate a Photo Collage template and leave the populated copy open in Photoshop.
- BatchOneImageCollage.jsx - Used to Automatically Batch Populate Collage templates that only have one image inserted. The Collage or Image may be stamped with text.
- BatchMultiImageCollage.jsx - Used to Automatically Batch Populate Any Photo Collage template with images in a source image folder. Easier to use than the interactive script. Saved collages can be tweaked.
- BatchPicturePackage.jsx - Used to Automatically Batch Populate Any Photo Collage template with an image in a source image folder
- PasteImageRoll.jsx - Paste Images into a document to be print on roll paper.
- PCTpreferences.jsx - Edit This File to Customize Collage Populating scripts default setting and add your own Layer styles.
Thanks, I am sure this is very helpful for experienced Photoshop users, but I am a 100% beginner, never even used Photoshop before. I wish I could say I understand your answer, but I do not. I did watch your video link and was able to follow along in my Photoshop, but when i got to the scripts part, I do not even have all those script actions which are showing on the video, nor do I know how to add any custom ones. I am sorry! I appreciate you trying to help me.
- Double click layer in Layers panel to open the layer styles panel.
- Select Stroke and adjust values to "frame" your image.
- With first layer selected, right click > Copy layer style.
- Select next layer. Right Click > Paste layer style.
- Repeat step 4 as many times as needed.
but when i got to the scripts part, I do not even have all those script actions which are showing on the video, nor do I know how to add any custom ones. I am sorry! I appreciate you trying to help me.
That is correct the scripts are ones I wrote. If you click on the Documentation and Example link you can download and install then. They are very easy to use but with no Photoshop experience you may well have a problem copying the files to where the need to be for Photoshop to use them.