6 Replies Latest reply on Sep 23, 2014 7:30 AM by ECBowen

Potential Hardware Configuration

glaustin Level 2

Hi Guys

I'm thinking of upgrading my PC and someone has offered to build a custom machine for me and has suggested the following configuration:

Processor:                    Intel Core i7-4790K Processor (8M Cache, up to 4.40 GHz) - Quad Core

Motherboard:                ASUS Z97M-PLUS

RAM Memory:               32GB (4 x 8GB memory modules)

Hard Disk Drives:          1 x 256GB Sandisk SSD drive to run operating system and programs

1 x Western Digital 4TB hard disk drive for data

Graphics Card:              PNY NVIDIA Quadro K4200 4GB GDDR5

CUDA Cores: 1344

Memory Interface: 256-bit

Memory Bandwidth: 173GB/s

Display Connectors: 1 x DVI-D, 2 x Display Port

Optical Storage:            DVD-RW

Case:                            Terra ATX Midi Tower PC605 Case

This would set me back around a couple of grand (GBP) and as I'm not the most savvy on the absolute hardware side (when I turn on the tap I do worry about the plumbing. . . until it springs a leak) and wonder if you guys can offer any comments or pointers on whether this could be a reasonable config that would provide me with a smooth editing experience and quality finished exports or if I should look for better components/ config?

Regards,

Graham