2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 23, 2014 11:10 PM by MeeraPRV

insert a captivate 7 HTML 5 output in Robohelp 10

MeeraPRV

I am trying to insert a captivate 7 HTML 5 output in Robohelp 10. I tried the steps specified by adding an adobe captivate demo. I linked it to both the swf file and the index.html file. However I am getting an error, that the index.htm file is not valid. Can you please let me know the solution to this.

trial.png

• 1. Re: insert a captivate 7 HTML 5 output in Robohelp 10
          johndaigle Level 4

Hi, MeeraPRV

I recreated this error message and think I have the answer. When you used the Browse button to locate the HTML5 output file, I suspect you selected the wrong "index.htm" file.

wrongpath.jpg

Instead, you should navigate to the Captivate HTML5 Output folder and select the index.html file in the same folder as the .swf Flash file.

At this point, RoboHelp will create a new "zipped" file of all the Captivate output variations with the extension ".cpz" and place it in the "Baggage Files" folder. You don't have to do anything with that .cpz file. It will be automatically managed for you in the Multiscreen HTML5 SSL generation process.

Also be sure to "tick" the "Use Adobe Captivate HTML5 output" Setting shown below.

Optimization.jpg

Lastly, be sure you apply the latest service update for RoboHelp 10.01 for good measure if you haven't already :-)

John Daigle

Adobe Certified RoboHelp and Captivate Instructor

Evergreen, Colorado

www.showmethedemo.com

• 2. Re: insert a captivate 7 HTML 5 output in Robohelp 10
            MeeraPRV Level 1

Hi John,

Thanks for the reply.

I had in fact  selected the right file. In this case, LandingPageDemoTestnew1 is a folder which contains the swf file as well as the index. htm file of the captivate HTML 5 output. I had placed this folder within the MultiScreen_HTML 5 folder in Robohelp.

I also tried the same by putting it in a different location.

I also tried  removing the spaces and special characters in the path name to the file.

I had the same result. in both instances.