1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 22, 2014 11:05 AM by Mylenium

Are discounts offered if a CS6 suite was bought and later I choose to subscribe to the creative cloud?

BlueAlison

As the title says, I'm wondering if any discounts are offered if I buy a CS6 suite but later choose to use the creative cloud. I don't know if I will upgrade a lot of the programs that will come with CS6 and even if I do it may be more beneficial cost-wise to buy an upgrade. I am also a student so buying the suite at student pricing instead of pricing going up (as with the creative cloud when I am no longer a student I will pay full price) is a big draw for me.

However, if I decide that it is better for me to subscribe to the entire suite or even just one product, are there discounts offered if I already own say the CS6 Design and Web Premium?

• 1. Re: Are discounts offered if a CS6 suite was bought and later I choose to subscribe to the creative cloud?
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

Utterly irrelevant. Student discounts are - erm - already discounted and you can't eat the same cake twice, in a manner of speaking. I mean, this isn't extreme couponing where you ultimately get everything for free by combining discount.... Even more so, since technically there are and never were "upgrades" for S&T editions other than going full commercial under normal conditions. That and of course there's that thing with eligibility only once per educational cycle/ year, so in the end you may not even be entitled to get CC and have to wait for the next semester/ academic year or whatever. And to add one more thought: Will the grass be greener next year? Nobody knows and conversely nobody here knows which pricing or special promotions may be available a few months from now and if by then your CS6 package is good for anything more than an expensive door stop....

Mylenium