18 Replies Latest reply on Oct 7, 2014 1:02 PM by Hosslady

Can't find saved slide show

Hosslady

I created a slide show in Photoshop Elements.  Saved it as "Untitled Slide Show."  The message said in order to retrieve the project, go to media browser and use the date the slide show was created.  I don't know where to find Media Browser.  Help!

• 1. Re: Can't find saved slide show
          A.T. Romano Level 7

hosslady

You have posted in the wrong forum if you program is Photoshop Elements. Your thread ended up in the Adobe Premiere Elements Forum, (video editing).

Please re-post your thread in the Adobe Photoshop Elements Forum or wait for a moderator here to see your thread and move it from here to there.

Photoshop Elements

Unofficially....

A key question is "What version of Photoshop Elements/Elements Organizer are you using?" The answer to that question can get you more fine tuned answers.

The central portion of the Elements Organizer window is known as the media browser.

Typically you start by selecting photos in the Elements Organizer (media browser), then Create Menu/Slideshow

to get you into the Elements Organizer Slideshow Editor. When you finish creating the Slideshow in the Slideshow Editor, you have

several choices....

a. Save Project in Elements Organizer window (media browser) as a "Slide Show Project"

or

b. Output

Which one did you do?

In the Elements Organizer window, go to Display which is typically set a Thumbnail View.

a. If you use the Thumbnail View, look for a thumbnail with an icon at the top right corner which displays "Slide Show Project" when you move the

mouse cursor over the icon.

or

b. Change the Elements Organizer window Display from Thumbnail View to Import Batch and look in this view for your slideshow.

If you did not save the slideshow to the Elements Organizer or you did not output the slideshow, the slideshow probably does not exist any more.

ATR

• 2. Re: Can't find saved slide show
            Hosslady Level 1

Thank you, AT.  I appreciate the help.

• 3. Re: Can't find saved slide show
              A.T. Romano Level 7

hosslady

Hi. How are you doing? Did you find the Elements Organizer Slideshow?

I see that your thread is still here in the Adobe Premiere Elements Forum. Did you get a chance to re-post

your thread in the Adobe Photoshop Elements Forum yet?

I am concerned that you might have overlooked saving the slideshow project and therefore it was gone permanently

when you shutdown the Slideshow Editor for the last session of the preparation of that slideshow. Hope not.

If by some chance, you saved the .wmv version of the slideshow instead of the slideshow project, at least you will

have a file, but that .wmv cannot be opened and edited like the slideshow project file could.

Hoping for the best.

ATR

• 4. Re: Can't find saved slide show
                Hosslady Level 1

hosslady

Hi. How are you doing? Did you find the Elements Organizer Slideshow? 

Hi ATR,  I'm doing ok.  Better now that I figured out how to find projects, thanks to you.  I managed to get the project out of Elements 9.  It gives me two choices of saving to a file.  Either a wmv or a pdf.  The pdf file is much clearer than the wmv, but has no music. 

When I save to a wmv file, the photos loose some quality.  lso when I burned to a CD, some of the quality is lost.  Reckon why that is?

I see that your thread is still here in the Adobe Premiere Elements Forum. Did you get a chance to re-post your thread in the Adobe Photoshop Elements Forum yet?  No, haven't been back to the forum.

I am concerned that you might have overlooked saving the slideshow project and therefore it was gone permanently when you shutdown the Slideshow Editor for the last session of the preparation of that slideshow. Hope not. I gave up looking, started from scratch and re-did the whole thing.

If by some chance, you saved the .wmv version of the slideshow instead of the slideshow project, at least you will have a file, but that .wmv cannot be opened and edited like the slideshow project file could.  I remember making a couple of slide shows a few yrs ago and everything worked like a charm, but was a different version of Elements.  It seems like this version (9) isn't as friendly.  Or maybe its just me not knowing my way around that well.

Hoping for the best. You have helped me a lot.  I do appreciate it.

C ya down the trail,

Hosslady

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed a screen image in your message please visit the thread in the forum to embed the image at https://forums.adobe.com/message/6757965#6757965

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page:

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at . In the Actions box on the right, click the Stop Email Notifications link.

Start a new discussion in Premiere Elements by ( mailto:discussions-community-premiere_elements@adobe-v7.hosted.jivesoftware.com ) or at ( https://forums.adobe.com/choose-container.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=32 71 )

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to ( http://forums.adobe.com/thread/416458?tstart=0 ).

• 5. Re: Can't find saved slide show
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

hosslady

Thanks for the update.

Just some just in case notes.....

In Elements Organizer 9 Slideshow Editor, if

Output

Save As A File

You need to select the "File Settings/Slide Size" for the .wmv or .pdf that will be generated.

For the .wmv, are you selecting VCD NTSC (352 x 240 pixels) or DVD NTSC (720 x 480).

I suspect 352 x 240 if you subsequently burn the file to a CD disc.

or

Burn to Disc

Here you do not have to set "File Settings/Slide Size" since your choice of VCD or DVD seems

to give you automatically the appropriate resolution for the file type. If you go this route, you

are not going to see the resolution that you do see in Save As A File because there you have

to do the actual setting.

Best wishes.

ATR

• 6. Re: Can't find saved slide show
                    Hosslady Level 1

Just some just in case notes.....

In Elements Organizer 9 Slideshow Editor, if

Output

Save As A File

You need to select the "File Settings/Slide Size" for the .wmv or .pdf that will be generated.

For the .wmv, are you selecting VCD NTSC (352 x 240 pixels) or DVD NTSC (720 x 480).

I suspect 352 x 240 if you subsequently burn the file to a CD disc.   Geesh, I used whatever came up.  Dumb me!  I'll go back and check it out.   

I hope you aren't planning on sending a consulting bill.  If you are, I'd better start saving up to pay it.... hehe

or

Burn to Disc

Here you do not have to set "File Settings/Slide Size" since your choice of VCD or DVD seems

to give you automatically the appropriate resolution for the file type. If you go this route, you

are not going to see the resolution that you do see in Save As A File because there you have

to do the actual setting.

Best wishes.

ATR

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed a screen image in your message please visit the thread in the forum to embed the image at https://forums.adobe.com/message/6763388#6763388

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page:

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at . In the Actions box on the right, click the Stop Email Notifications link.

Start a new discussion in Premiere Elements by ( mailto:discussions-community-premiere_elements@adobe-v7.hosted.jivesoftware.com ) or at ( https://forums.adobe.com/choose-container.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=32 71 )

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to ( http://forums.adobe.com/thread/416458?tstart=0 ).

• 7. Re: Can't find saved slide show
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

hosslady

Always glad to be of assistance freely.

I just have an overactive troubleshooting gene.

Best wishes

ATR

• 8. Re: Can't find saved slide show
                        Hosslady Level 1

Hey guy,

I guess you know that you can run but you can't hide... .   I have a new problem with  Photoshop Elements 9.

When I try to import a file from my desktop, message says "nothing imported, already in the catalog."   Grrrr!  No, its not. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks from Hosslady!

• 9. Re: Can't find saved slide show
                          A.T. Romano Level 7

hosslady

Good to hear from you, but sorry about the Elements Organizer 9 "nothing imported, already in the catalog" message.

When that message appears, one suggestion is that the file are already exists in the catalog, maybe in a different folder.

Please check out the following thread from another forum and determine if any of its discussion helps you.

The file already exists in the catalog ??? - Elements Village

Looking forward to your results.

ATR

• 10. Re: Can't find saved slide show
                            Hosslady Level 1

Thanks for the reply.  I am in the process of purchasing and d/l Elements 13.  Maybe this will help alleviate my woes. 

Talk later

• 11. Re: Can't find saved slide show
                              A.T. Romano Level 7

hosslady

Wait until you see the new Elements Organizer 13. I hope you are looking at the tryout before purchase so that there will be no surprises.

I am still working on the tryout of Photoshop Elements 13 and Premiere Elements 13 and the Elements Organizer 13. My tryout is going to run out

before I really get into Photoshop Elements 13. I have been spending most of my time in Premiere Elements 13 and Elements Organizer 13.

Looking forward to learning of your progress when you schedule permits.

Best wishes.

ATR

• 12. Re: Can't find saved slide show
                                Hosslady Level 1

Rats! I already  bought it.   Still trying to d/l it.

• 13. Re: Can't find saved slide show
                                  A.T. Romano Level 7

hosslady

If you purchased from Adobe, it usually gives you a refund within 30 days of purchase opportunity. But, you may just enjoy the new version. But, do not put off taking a look inside before the 30 days from purchase are up.

One of the perks of this new Elements Organizer 13 is that it can produced 720p and 1080p slideshows with 5 special themes. Lots more to explore.

Thinking positive thoughts.

ATR

• 15. Re: Can't find saved slide show
                                    A.T. Romano Level 7

hosslady

Somehow the message for your latest post did not get posted.

Please try again when you get time.

ATR

• 16. Re: Can't find saved slide show
                                      Hosslady Level 1

Hey guy!

You'd be proud of me.  I read the help from the thread that you sent.  Found it very helpful.  One of the suggestions was to change the file name.  Which I did.  And it worked.  Yippee kai yea! 

Thanks once again.

Hosslady

• 17. Re: Can't find saved slide show
                                        A.T. Romano Level 7

hosslady

Congratulations on your success. Great job sorting through the details to identify what worked for you.

Hope all continues to go well.

Best wishes

ATR

Add On...Never hesitate to ask if you have questions or need clarification.

• 18. Re: Can't find saved slide show
                                          Hosslady Level 1

Thank you!  Its a nice feeling to know that someone is nearby to help with my Photoshop woes.  One of these days I will master this!  And, I canceled my order for Elements 13.  Maybe later I will upgrade.

Take care, mi amigo