1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 25, 2014 1:08 PM by ravisavis

Indesign CC index post-editing clean up and concordances

ravisavis Level 1

I am having some difficulty post-editing the index of an indesign CC 2014 document. I have an index with hundreds of entries and I would like to reorganize the page numbers so that they are more like the real index of a book.

The current page numbers in the index are in indesign's default format:

value  2, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 40, 41, 42,

I would like to clean up and "re-organize" the numbers so that they are more representative of a real index:

value 2, 25-36, 40-42

Kahrel provided a free script for this function (Update index | Peter Kahrel), but I cannot get the script to work in Indesign CC 2014. I have put the script into the 'scripts panel' and it is available in indesign under Scripts > Application. However, it does not work and I do not know of any other way to post-edit and clean up the index.

*Similarly, Kahrel's concordance script (Concordances | Peter Kahrel) does not work either; it is placed in the same folder as the update-index.jsx script. It would be very useful if I could get this script to work also.

All advice and help is very much appreciated.