19 Replies Latest reply on Oct 1, 2014 1:07 PM by A.T. Romano

Need Help exporting movies from PE 11

dillonknopp

When I export my movies from PE 11 everytime someone in the video moves or the camera moves there are lines that appear in the video it only does it with footage from a Canon XA20 and Canon XHA1, the 60D and gopro footage does not do this Ive tried almost every export option and none seem to fix this problem can anyone help me solve this?

• 1. Re: Need Help exporting movies from PE 11
          A.T. Romano Level 7

dillonknopp

What computer operating system is your Premiere Elements 11 running on?

Canon XA20

What are you recording

1920 x 1080 @ interlaced or progressive frame rate (59.94i, 59.94p, PF29.97, 23.98p)?

And AVCHD.mts, AVCHD.mp4, or other?

Canon XHA1

What are you recording

1440 x 1080 HD anamorphic 16:9 @ 29.97 interlaced frames per second or something else?

HDV: MPEG2.mpg or something else?

What are you selecting as your project preset? If you do not know, please tell us the readings under

Expert workspace, Edit Menu/Project Settings/General for Editing Mode, Timebase, Frame Size, Pixel

Aspect Ratio even if the fields look grayed out.

Please confirm the 60D and GoPro videos properties - including progressive or interlaced video, frame

size, frame rate, file extension, video compression.

The answers to all of the above will help us to help you.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Need Help exporting movies from PE 11
            dillonknopp Level 1

It's a Mac 10.8

Sent from my iPhone

• 3. Re: Need Help exporting movies from PE 11
              A.T. Romano Level 7

dillonknopp

Thanks for the information on your computer operating system.

I did not see the other information that I asked about. Was the rest of the reply lost in the

system or did you just not get around to gathering the information requested?

We look forward to your follow up.

Thanks.

ATR

• 4. Re: Need Help exporting movies from PE 11
                dillonknopp Level 1

Sorry didn't see those in the last email.the avchd camera is in mtsthe xha1 was running 1080p at 29.97 fps and 16:9 xa20 is 1920x1080 at 29.97 and is mpeg-4 so its .mp4gopro is .mp4 as well and 1920x1080, 29.97 fps60D is 1920x1080 and i think 60fps and is .movhope this is the info you are looking for

• 5. Re: Need Help exporting movies from PE 11
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

dillonknopp

When you first mentioned lines in your Canon video, my first impression was maybe an interlaced issue. But, from your prior message, I am not

seeing any mentioned of interlaced video, especially with the Canon footage.

Here is where you  stand so far on video properties....Please let me know if I am reading them correctly from what you posted....

Canon XA20

1920 x 1080 @ 29.97 _______ frames per second (interlaced or progressive?) - .mts file extension.

Canon XHA1

1920 x 1080 @ 29.97 progressive frames per second - .AVCHD and .mp4 file extension.

60D

1920 x 1080 @ 60 progressive frames per second - mov file extension.

GoPro

1920 x 1080 @ 29.97 progressive frames per second - mp4 file extension.

Any part of the above you want to correct?

Is it possible for you to post a screenshot of those lines that you are seeing in the Edit Area monitor when

you playback a Premiere Elements Timeline with the Canon XA20 and Canon XHA1 footage?

Since you are not having any problems with the 60D or GoPro focus, my focus is currently on the Canon footage.

Thanks.

ATR

• 6. Re: Need Help exporting movies from PE 11
                    dillonknopp Level 1

The only changes are that the XA20 is .mp4 file and the canon XHA1 is shooting in 60i and is .mov fileI've attached a screen shot of the problem, it only does it after exporting the movie it doesn't show up in PE11 editor

• 7. Re: Need Help exporting movies from PE 11
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

dillonknopp

Thank for the reply which had some very essential information in it....problem shows up in the export.

The screenshot of the problem has not appeared in any of your replies yet. Is it coming?

When you get to Publish+Share/ what are you selecting....Publish+Share/Computer/ and then what? If we assume MPEG or AVCHD or QuickTime, are you using the default settings or are you going under the Advanced Button of the preset that you have selected and customizing the export settings?

Three very vital pieces of information right now are

a. That screenshot demonstrating the playback problem of your export

b. The full export settings that you are using for exporting of the Timeline content.

c. What you or the project is setting as the project preset to match the properties of your source? If you are not sure, tell us what you see under

Edit Menu/Project Settings/General for Editing Mode, Timebase, Frame Size, and Pixel Aspect Ratio, even if they look grayed out.

We will be watching for the details.

Thanks for the follow ups.

ATR

• 8. Re: Need Help exporting movies from PE 11
                        dillonknopp Level 1

I attached the screen shot hopefully it will show up.  I publish under computer, quicktime, HD 1080i 29.97, H.264, ACC 48kHZ.  The project settings are as follows:

Editing mode: DSLRTimebase: 29.97 FPSFrame size: 1920x1080 PAR: Square Pixels (1.0)These are all greyed out cannot be changed

• 9. Re: Need Help exporting movies from PE 11
                          A.T. Romano Level 7

dillonknopp

Thanks. No signs of the screenshot. It should have appeared by now.

Are you posting by coming to the Adobe Premiere Elements Forum via your computer browser, signing in, going to this thread, placing a jpg screenshot in a reply using the camera icon (Insert Image) above the reply field? You may be trying to post the screenshot using email notification or a cell phone. There

may be problem with the latter two routes.

ATR

• 10. Re: Need Help exporting movies from PE 11
                            dillonknopp Level 1

Screen Shot 2014-09-23 at 8.16.36 PM.png

I was responding by email im in the forum now and will attach it.

• 11. Re: Need Help exporting movies from PE 11
                              A.T. Romano Level 7

dillonknopp

Thanks for your great replies.

I will study your details further, but this is what I think is going to the the answer in the export settings....please export your Timeline content

Publish+Share

Computer

AVCHD

with presets = MP4 H.264 1920 x 1080p30

and then let us know what that looks like.

We are looking forward to your results.

ATR

• 12. Re: Need Help exporting movies from PE 11
                                dillonknopp Level 1

Screen Shot 2014-09-24 at 1.26.33 PM.png

I exported the video as you suggested to me the results appear to be the same here is a screen shot from the same spot in the clip after the new export.

• 13. Re: Need Help exporting movies from PE 11
                                  A.T. Romano Level 7

dillonknopp

Thanks for the follow ups and the screenshots.

Please let us know which of the cameras the screenshot scene is from. My impression is that this is some sort of interlaced issue, but 3 of your 4 camera are giving you progressive footage.

Thanks.

ATR

• 14. Re: Need Help exporting movies from PE 11
                                    dillonknopp Level 1

The screen shot is from the canon xha1

Sent from my iPhone

• 15. Re: Need Help exporting movies from PE 11
                                      A.T. Romano Level 7

dillonknopp

This is what I would like you to look at.

Open a new Premiere Elements 11 Mac project.

Do not take any chances, set the project preset manually to

NTSC

HDV

HDV 1080i30

Then import the original video from which the screenshot came.

Then I would like you to export that three different ways

1. Publish+Share/Computer/AVCHD with Presets = M2T H264 1920 x 1080i30 (Can Premiere Elements handle files with M2T file extensions?)

and next

2. Publish+Share/Computer/AVCHD with Presets = MP4 H264 1920 x 1080p30

And then let us compare the quality of the exports.

Thanks.

ATR

• 16. Re: Need Help exporting movies from PE 11
                                        dillonknopp Level 1

Screen Shot 2014-09-26 at 3.08.52 PM.png

I started a new project and changed the setting as suggested and then imported the video and saved as suggested.  I do not have any way of playing .m2t files, quicktime does not support this?  Here is a screen shot from the .mp4 format I think its a little better but still has the problem.  Thanks for the help so far!

• 17. Re: Need Help exporting movies from PE 11
                                          A.T. Romano Level 7

dillonknopp

Let us try this from the MPEG2 instead of AVCHD point of view....

Project Preset

NTSC

HDV

HDV 1080i30

Then import the original video from which the screenshot came.

Then

First, look at interlaced version of the export....

Publish+Share

Computer

MPEG

with Presets = HDTV 1080i25 High Quality

Under the Advanced Button/Video Tab, the essential settings should be

Interlaced.JPG

Then, look at the export for the progressive video version of the export....

The settings under the Advanced Button/Video Tab should be

(Make sure that you have a dot next to NTSC which not seen in this particular screenshot - top with it cut off in this view.)

Progressive.JPG

Those should be MPEG2.mpg files that should be playable with Windows Media Player.

Thanks.

ATR

• 18. Re: Need Help exporting movies from PE 11
                                            dillonknopp Level 1

The progressive version took the lines away think it might have knock the quality of video down a little bit but not much

• 19. Re: Need Help exporting movies from PE 11
                                              A.T. Romano Level 7

dillonknopp

Thanks for the update.

You might want to explore and experiment with the bitrate settings of the export.

Keep in mind, the higher the bitrate, the greater the quality (to a point), but the larger the file size. See if you can find a compromise between

bitrate, quality, and file size.

We will be watching for your progress.

If you have a choice, you might want to explore recording your video with set for progressive instead of interlaced video. Lots to discuss if that

is a possibility.

Thanks.

ATR