6 Replies Latest reply on Oct 30, 2014 6:29 PM by A.T. Romano

Why my images are more faster in the Premiere Time line view than on my Camera screen ?

JsV

Hello

What I need to check on my camera or on Adobe in order to be accurate with image speed ?

Many thanks

• 1. Re: Why my images are more faster in the Premiere Time line view than on my Camera screen ?
          John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

From the Premiere Elements Information FAQ http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1042180

•You MUST use an account with Administrator Privileges to run Premiere Elements

•(Doing Run as Administrator http://forums.adobe.com/thread/969395 [says Encore and also for "All" versions of Premiere] will sometimes fix "odd" errors)

•What version of Premiere Elements? Include the minor version number (e.g., Premiere Elements 12 with the 12.0.1 update).

•What operating system? This should include specific minor version numbers, like "Mac OSX v10.9.4"---not just "Mac"

•Has this ever worked before?  If so, do you recall any changes you made to Premiere Elements, such as adding Plug-ins, brushes, etc.?  Did you make any changes to your system, such as updating hardware, printers or drivers; or installing/uninstalling any programs?

•Have you installed any recent program or OS updates? (If not, you should. They fix a lot of problems.)

•What kind(s) of image file(s)? When talking about camera raw files, include the model of camera.

•If you are getting error message(s), what is the full text of the error message(s)?

•What were you doing when the problem occurred?

•What other software are you running?

•Tell us about your computer hardware. How much RAM is installed?  How much free space is on your system (C:) drive?

•How many and what speed are your hard drive(s)... ie 5400rpm or 7200rpm or?

And some other questions...

•What are you editing, and does your video have a red line over it BEFORE you do any work?

•Which version of Quicktime do you have installed?

Exactly what is INSIDE the video you are editing?

Codec & Format information, with 2 links inside for you to read http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1270588

Report back with the codec details of your file, use the programs below... A screen shot works well to SHOW people what you are doing

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/592070?tstart=30 for screen shot instructions

Free programs to get file information for PC/Mac http://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo/Download

• 2. Re: Why my images are more faster in the Premiere Time line view than on my Camera screen ?
            A.T. Romano Level 7

JsV

The following should be all the Premiere Elements information we need to get at the core of the Premiere Elements issue that you described here and eluded to in another of your Adobe Premiere Elements Forum threads.

1. Brand/model/settings of the camera that is recording the video.

2. Your Premiere Elements 12/12.1 Windows 7 64 bit project preset. (Expert workspace, see Edit Menu/Project Settings/General).

3. What is shown for Frame Rate and Pixel Aspect Ratio under Interpret Footage. (To get to Interpret

Footage, right click the file's thumbnail in Project Assets and select Interpret Footage.)

There are several ways in Premiere Elements 12 to create slow or fast motion effects for your video playback

1. Time Stretch Speed % Change

2. Interpret Footage Frame Rate Change

3. Time Remapping Feature (Expert workspace, Tools Menu/Time Remapping)

4. Decreasing the Timeline file's duration for fast motion and increasing the Timeline file's duration for slow motion effect

Have you done any of the above?

Let us start here and then decide what next.

Thanks.

ATR

• 3. Re: Why my images are more faster in the Premiere Time line view than on my Camera screen ?
              JsV Level 1

Hello A.T

Somes answers bellow

1. Brand/model/settings of the camera that is recording the video.

I've 2 caméras :

•       1 is my main camera used to record sports images
                • Samsung HMX-F90/records mode set to "sports"/1280x720/25p HD resolution/anti-vibration (SIHD- DIS mode) enable
              •      The second is my "familly" camera used for various image records
                • Sony Xacti AVC/H.264 6 megapixel (year 2008-2009)/records mode is set to "auto"/640x480/30 fps Tv-SHQ/MPEG-4 AVC/H.264

I noticed that i had the problem with the both cameras.

2. Your Premiere Elements 12/12.1 Windows 7 64 bit project preset. (Expert workspace, see Edit Menu/Project Settings/General).

Capture_Première9_.JPG  

3. What is shown for Frame Rate and Pixel Aspect Ratio under Interpret Footage. (To get to Interpret

Footage, right click the file's thumbnail in Project Assets and select Interpret Footage.)

Capture_footage.JPG

There are several ways in Premiere Elements 12 to create slow or fast motion effects for your video playback

1. Time Stretch Speed % Change

2. Interpret Footage Frame Rate Change

3. Time Remapping Feature (Expert workspace, Tools Menu/Time Remapping)

4. Decreasing the Timeline file's duration for fast motion and increasing the Timeline file's duration for slow motion effect

Have you done any of the above?

Nothing at all. Just import  media(s) file(s) from the camera

Thanks

• 4. Re: Why my images are more faster in the Premiere Time line view than on my Camera screen ?
                A.T. Romano Level 7

JsV

This is what I would like you to do

For the Samsung HMX-F90, take that into a new project.

This is supposed to be the 1280 x 720 p25 footage.

With the file in Project Assets, right click the thumbnail for the file there, select Properties and note what frame rate is given

With the file in Project Assets, right click the thumbnail for the file there, select Interpret Footage, and note what frame rate is given for

"Use Frame Rate from File ____________"

What is the comparison between the speed of playback - in camera versus in Edit area monitor of Premiere Elements.

For the Sony Xacti, take that into a new project.

This is supposed to be the 640 x 480 30p footage.

Then, as above, look at the file's Properties and Interpret Footage frame rate readings.

What is the comparison between the speed of playback - in camera versus in Edit area monitor of Premiere Elements.

To check out the project preset that was set by you or the project, please see Edit Menu/Project Settings/General and not Edit Menu/Preferences/General.

Let us see where the above directs us.

Thank you for the follow ups.

ATR

• 5. Re: Why my images are more faster in the Premiere Time line view than on my Camera screen ?
                  JsV Level 1

Hi A T Romano.

Sounds goods now for my images footage frame rate.

But i noted an little issue more:

On the sports video (wich much camera movement an public sounds as you can assume) i v some bad synchronization (delay) between action and sounds.

It ' seems that the sounds came with few milliseconds after  images.

I do not found what to check with the sound;

Any idea ?

Regards.

• 6. Re: Why my images are more faster in the Premiere Time line view than on my Camera screen ?
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

jsV

Are you using the 1280 x 720p25 (sports) and 640 x 480p30 (family) in the same project? If so, what is the project preset? The program permits for

only one project preset. Please determine

a. Is there AudioVideo sync for just the 1280 x 720p25 in a project set for

PAL

AVCHD

AVCHD LITE 720p25

b. Is there AudioVideo sync for just the 640 x 480p30 in a project set for

NTSC

FLIP

Flip Mino and Ultra 30p

ATR