Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate 8 / Mac - Can't stop Software Simulation or Video Demo Recording

New Here ,
Sep 23, 2014 Sep 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

When i start a screen recording in Captivate 8 for a Software Simulation or Video Demo on my MAC OSX 10.9.4 , I cannot end the video using the cmd+enter method.  I have to force quit to end the program.  Anyone have any solutions to this issue?

Thanks,

TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 24, 2014 Sep 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought the shortcut key was End? Not sure, because I'm on Windows. Or clicking on the Captivate icon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 04, 2015 Jun 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem using Captivate 8 - every time I try to record a simulation, I cannot stop the recording.  I am using Windows.  I went into settings prior to the start of the record session, and set the key to stop recording as "end," however the "end" key does not stop the recording. None of the keys stop the recording, I have to go into Task Manager and force stop the program.  I've had to scrap my project entirely now because this is incredibly unreliable, not to mention annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2017 Apr 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this issue with Captivate 9 for Mac OS X.  I was not able to stop the recording, no matter what... or so I thought.  When the instructions say click Command-Enter to stop the recording, it means exactly that.  Command-Return does not work.  I have a 10-key mac keyboard and there is a key labelled "Enter" on the 10-key section.  I used it to stop the recording successfully (Command-Enter).  Finally got that issue resolved! It was driving me mad!

I hope this helps others with the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 01, 2017 Aug 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem, I just tried the "fn" key + "return" and "command" and this does not stop the video. I also tried "Shift" + "return/enter" + command nd this does not stop the video.  I am having to force quit the program. I don't have a 10 key keyboard. Guess this program isn't going to work for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 01, 2017 Aug 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using the adobe captivate 2017 trial version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2017 Aug 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2017 Oct 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this same issue with Captivate 2017 and Macbook Pro 10.11.6.... Has adobe resolved this yet? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 19, 2022 Sep 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It worked after I went to System Preferences>Security & Privacy>Privacy>Accessibility and checked on Adobe Captivate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources