2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 29, 2015 6:40 PM by soypescador

Solution to blank Creative Cloud screen

fmaciasjimenez

Whenever I tried opening my Creative Cloud desktop app (Mac), I would just get a blank screen and wouldn't let me do anything. Couldn't find a solution to this online, so I decided to contact Support for help. They helped me fix the problem, and I just want to share the full step-by-step conversation I had in case anybody else is having the same problem (too many people on the forums just said "Contacted support and all is working now" without actually saying what they told them).

You are now chatting with 'ADOBE REP'

ADOBE REP: Hello. Welcome to Adobe Technical Support.

ADOBE REP: Please allow me a moment while I look into your account & verify the details.

ME: Sure thing

ADOBE REP: Thank you for staying online.

ADOBE REP: I understand that you are getting blank screen on Creative Cloud desktop app. Is that right?

ME: Yes

ADOBE REP: Thank you for confirming.

ADOBE REP: I'll be glad to help you with this issue.

ADOBE REP: Please launch Creative Cloud desktop app and click on gear icon on top right corner.

ADOBE REP: Select quit.

ME: Done

ADOBE REP: Now launch Finder, click on GO menu > go to folder, type ~/Library and hit return.

ADOBE REP: Make sure to type ~ symbol in front of /Library and hit return.

ADOBE REP: Navigate to Application Support/Adobe/OOBE and trash contents of OOBE folder.

ADOBE REP: Now launch Creative Cloud desktop app and check if you face same issue.

ME: Yep, same thing.

ADOBE REP: Thank you for the information.

ADOBE REP: Please click on gear icon and select quit.

ME: Ok

ADOBE REP: Click on GO menu > go to folder, type /Library and hit return.

ADOBE REP: Navigate to  Application support/Adobe and rename Adobe Application Manager to Adobe Application Managerold and OOBE to OOBEold.

ADOBE REP: Great!

ADOBE REP: Click on GO menu and select Utilities.

ADOBE REP: Delete the Adobe application manager, Creative Cloud  folders.

ADOBE REP: Please click on below link to download Adobe Cleaner tool.

ADOBE REP: Click here to download.

ADOBE REP: Please don't select clean all in Adobe Cleaner tool, that will remove all the Adobe products from your computer.

ME: Ok, downloaded.

ADOBE REP: Run the Cleaner tool and select Creative Cloud and CS6 products from top right drop down menu on cleaner tool.

ADOBE REP: Then check if you have Adobe Application Manager or

ADOBE REP: Sorry for above typo.

ADOBE REP: Then check if you have Adobe Application Manager or Creative Cloud desktop app in the below list.

ME: It is in the list

ADOBE REP: Please select and click on clean up selected.

ADOBE REP: Excellent!

ADOBE REP: Close the Cleaner tool and click on below link to download Creative Cloud desktop app.

ADOBE REP: Click here to download.

ME: Installing...

ADOBE REP: Okay.

ADOBE REP: Install Creative Cloud desktop app and let me know if you face same issue.

ME: Finally! It worked! Thank you so much!

ADOBE REP: I am happy yo hear that.

ADOBE REP: Is there anything else I can help you with?

ME: Nope, that is all. Thank you very much.

ADOBE REP: You may receive an email that will contain a link to complete an optional survey to provide your feedback on the support experience. Your feedback is very much appreciated.

ADOBE REP: Thank you so much for your time and patience.