0 Replies Latest reply on Sep 23, 2014 11:35 AM by lexigeek

Text engine error after playing an action in Photoshop CC

lexigeek

First things first: I'm running the latest version of Photoshop CC (just updated this morning) on Mac OSX 10.9.5, on a basically brand new Macbook Pro. Happy to provide any additional details.

I've got a kind of strange issue with Photoshop CC. I'm running into text engine errors (Could not complete your request because something prevented the text engine from being initialized.) when I try to do anything with the type tool, but only after I use an action. I thought maybe it was a problem with the specific action that I was using, so I created a new one, and I'm getting the same error.

The action in question takes a template file, makes a duplicate, and closes the original file so that I can work in the duplicate without making changes to the template. If I do these steps manually, I don't get an error. If I use the action, I get it every time, without fail.

I'm perplexed, but I have to find a solution. This action is part of a larger set of actions that helps me create thousands of graphics per month. Without access to actions, I can't do my job! HELP!

EDIT: If I save and close the new files created by the action, and then open them up again, I can use the text tool without any problem. That's not a feasible long-term solution, but it does tell me that it's not something wrong with the file that's created by the action, nor the fonts I'm using in the template.