2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 23, 2014 3:06 PM by A.T. Romano

Adobe Premiere E.

The Sunkies Kingdom

Hello,

Before I begin, I am aware this is for PP, but there was no PE option. Sorry. Any way, I have a problem with PE. When I try to open any project it will open, but ask me where a missing file is. Regardless if I find and select the file or hit cancel the program minimizes itself to the task bar and that I can't get it to come back up, like, at all!. If I hover over it, it will show me a little preview box but that's about it. I have only recently added AE to my comp that's it. I am running

Lenovo Thinkpad

Win 7 Pro

64-Bit

8Gb Ram

Intel Core i3

2.40GHz

Any help would be great, thanks!

J.

• 1. Re: Adobe Premiere E.
          John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Yes there is a Premiere Elements forum... into which I have moved this message

If you will start at the Forums Index https://forums.adobe.com/welcome

You will be able to select a forum for the specific Adobe product(s) you use

Click the "down arrow" symbol on the right (where it says All communities) to open the drop down list and scroll

• 2. Re: Adobe Premiere E.
            A.T. Romano Level 7

Sunkies

What version of Premiere Elements are you using and on what computer operating system is it running?

When you import source media into a Premiere Elements project, all you get in the project are copies of the originals. But those copies in the project need to trace back to the originals at the hard drive save location where they were when they were first imported into the project.

If you have trying to open an existing project and are getting "Where is the file.....?" messages, the the possibilities include:

a. you have moved, deleted, or renamed files/folders that went into the project after you saved closed the project.

b. you have your source media on an external hard drive and that external hard drive has malfunctioned, perhaps changing drive letter.

Each of those "Where is the file....?" messages shows the specific name of the file that the program needs. You need to connect

the message with the exact file name that is cited in the "Where is the file....?" message, exact not similar.

Please consider all of the above and also read the Adobe document on troubleshooting damaged projects.

Troubleshoot a damaged project file | Adobe Premiere Elements

You can also use the Replace Footage feature of the program to reconnect missing media. But start first trying to work

out the problem with the "Where is the file.....?" message.

http://atr935.blogspot.com/2013/04/pe11-replace-footage.html

Looking forward to your follow up.

Thank you.

ATR