11 Replies Latest reply on Sep 23, 2014 9:57 PM by A.T. Romano

Audio and video out uf sync

Pete Blair

I'm using Premier elements 12.  When I open a VOB file, the audio and video are not in sync.  I can open that same file with windows media player and all is well.  What do I need to do with respect to editing a file like this?

The information about the display on my computer is:

Name NVIDIA GeForce GT 220

PNP Device ID PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0A20&SUBSYS_069A10DE&REV_A2\4&22063C0D&0&0018

Adapter Type GeForce GT 220, NVIDIA compatible

Adapter Description NVIDIA GeForce GT 220

Adapter RAM 1.00 GB (1,073,741,824 bytes)

Installed Drivers nvd3dumx.dll,nvwgf2umx.dll,nvwgf2umx.dll,nvd3dum,nvwgf2um,nvwgf2um

Driver Version 9.18.13.3523

INF File oem38.inf (Section002 section)

Color Planes Not Available

Color Table Entries 4294967296

Resolution 1920 x 1080 x 60 hertz

Bits/Pixel 32

Memory Address 0xFA000000-0xFAFFFFFF

Memory Address 0xD0000000-0xDFFFFFFF

Memory Address 0xCE000000-0xCFFFFFFF

I/O Port 0x0000EC00-0x0000EC7F

IRQ Channel IRQ 16

I/O Port 0x000003B0-0x000003BB

I/O Port 0x000003C0-0x000003DF

Memory Address 0xA0000-0xBFFFF

Thanks,

Pete Blair

• 1. Re: Audio and video out uf sync
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Pete Blair

In all your information, I did not see what computer operating system your Premiere Elements 12 is running on? Have you updated 12 to the 12.1 Update, using an opened project's Help Menu/Update? If not, please do so.

Your issue may relate to the details of your "VOB file" and how it was ripped/copied from the DVD-VIDEO and DVD disc to get it into a Premiere Elements project.

a. project preset set for NTSC DV Standard or NTSC DV Widescreen (whichever corresponded to your recording details)...or PAL equivalent.

b. DVD disc in burner tray

c. Add Media/DVD camera or computer drive/Video Importer/.....

It does not happened often, but if audio is out of sync and you are not using the above route, then consider the Command Prompt way described in the

following

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE: DVD-VIDEO/Seamless VOB Ripping

A just in case note, contrary to some, it is not necessary to convert VOB (VTS_01_1.VOB video file and any files in that series) to any other format in Premiere Elements.

Please review and consider and then we can decide what next.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Audio and video out uf sync
            Pete Blair Level 1

I'm running 12.1 under W7 64 Bit.  the VOB file in question is currently in a folder on my machine.  To get it there, I had PE set to Expert and Clicked the Add Media tab with the DVD that had been created on a consumer grade DVD recorder in my computer's DVD player.  The properties for the project were set to DV NTSC 720 X 480. 

I no longer have the original DVD so to read it in using a different method, I'll need to wait until I go back to the church tomorrow.

do you see anything in what aI have said that gives you any further clue?

thanks,

Pete Blair

• 3. Re: Audio and video out uf sync
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Pete Blair

Thanks for the reply.

Just guessing....are you sure that your DVD-VIDEO is 4:3 and not 16:9 Widescreen or the other way around?

Set the project preset manually for whichever applies - NTSC DV Standard or NTSC DV Widescreen.

Then use Expert workspace/Add Media Files and Folders/Project Assets from where you drag the

VOB file to the Timeline.

Is there an orange line over that Timeline content? There should not be, and your playback should be

good. I am wondering if you did not set the project preset correctly previously and were watching the

unrendered Timeline playback?  If that was the case, the Timeline content would have an orange line

over its content.

Do not depend on the project to set automatically the correct project preset. Set the project preset

manually according to the how to at the end of the following

http://www.atr935.blogspot.com/2013/04/pe11-accuracy-of-automatic-project.html

Please update us on your progress when you schedule permits.

Thank you.

ATR

• 4. Re: Audio and video out uf sync
                Pete Blair Level 1

I think we (you) may be on to something.  I've got to quit for the day but I'll be back in here tomorrow afternoon.  Thanks again for all your help!

Pete

• 5. Re: Audio and video out uf sync
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Pete Blair

Thanks. Looking forward to further developments.

I have had one or two occasions when out of sync audio was remedied by using the rendered Timeline rather than unrendered to view and listen to the playback in the Edit area of the program.

This rendering does not fix a problem. It just gives you that best possible preview of what you have.

Hoping for the best.

ATR

• 6. Re: Audio and video out uf sync
                    Pete Blair Level 1

BTW, when I start a new project, And then click Change settings, I can click DV Standard or DV Widescreen but the Frame size does not change.  Should it not change from 720 XS 480 to something else?

• 7. Re: Audio and video out uf sync
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

Pete Blair

Nothing to change.

Both NTSC DV Standard 4:3 and NTSC DV Widescreen 16:9 have the same frame size 720 x 480. The difference between the two is that the widescreen has the 16:9 flag that stretches the video for display after encoding (to about 856 x 480).

So, in the Change Settings area, all you do is select the project preset that matches the properties of your source, DV Standard or DV Widescreen.

After you select the project preset and are about to leave that area, you will see the new project dialog showing your newly selected project preset. Be sure to have a check mark next to "Force Selected Project Setting On This Project" before you exit that area and head back to the Expert workspace.

ATR

• 8. Re: Audio and video out uf sync
                        Pete Blair Level 1

OK, does that mean that I need to go back to the original DVD to get it right or should I be able to bring in the copy that is on my hard drive?

Pete

• 9. Re: Audio and video out uf sync
                          A.T. Romano Level 7

Pete Blair

I would prefer that you start from the original DVD-VIDEO and DVD disc (Add Media/DVD camera and computer drive/Video Importer/. But you could try importing the VTS_01_1.VOB saved to your computer hard drive into the project with the corresponding project preset. You would use Add Media/Files and Folders/Project Assets from where you would drag the file to the Timeline. Either way, if you get an orange line over the Timeline content, that would suggest that we do not have the correct project preset.

More fine tuning of the details after that point.

ATR

• 10. Re: Audio and video out uf sync
                            Pete Blair Level 1

I was in error about having a master.  I found a second master (made on a second recorder)  I still have a thin orange tine at the top of the time line plus there is one on the audio track and another on the video track.  When I did and add media, I clicking on add media and then DVD camera or computer drive and got the vob file.  At first glance, it seems as if it is not as bad as the one I got off of my hard drive.  I've going to examine it more closely.

• 11. Re: Audio and video out uf sync
                              A.T. Romano Level 7

Pete Blair

In case there is any doubt about the orange render line indicator

Render.JPG

ATR