On what computer operating system is your Premiere Elements 12 running on? Have you updated 12 to the 12.1 Update using an opened project's Help Menu/Update?
At this time, can you open a new project without problems? The answer to that question will be important.
If you can open a new project, you may want to read the Adobe document on troubleshooting damaged projects.
I will assume that you are working with Premiere Elements 12/12.1 on Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit.
Delete the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file.
Local Disk C
and in the 12.0 Folder is the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file that you delete. If that does not work, then delete the whole 12.0 Folder in which the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file exists. Be sure to be working with Folder Option Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives active so that you can see the complete path cited.
The answers will be in the details.
Please review and consider and then we will decide what next based on your results.
I'm working with windows 8. I can't find where I can open Help Menu/ Update. The program still stay on the open page of Adobe elements 12. Thanks for your help.
Are you having trouble finding Expert workspace, Help Menu/Update or does not Help Menu/Update not work or give you an error when you click
Update? Here is a screenshot of where you should be looking for the Help Menu/Update
Let us know know if any of the above helped. If not, please give more details.
I can't open this page. It's stay bloqued on the homepage of adobe elements when I want to open my project. I can't see this page with the timeline.
I hope that you can help me
I still can not open my projets when I clik on project editor. It's stay bloqued on the homepage of adobe elements when I want to open my project. It was working still now.but now I can't enter in my project. Why?
Sorry. It's directly when I clik on the homepage on" Editing of videos" that nothing happened.
Thank you for the replies.
Right now we will not worry about the 12 to 12.1 Update. We will focus on just opening a tryout Premiere Elements 12 project.
Let us go through the list
1. At this time, can you open any new projects? Are you at the stage where you cannot open an existing project or a new one?
2. Did you look at the problem with and without the antivirus and firewall(s) disabled?
3. Did you delete the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file and, if that did not work, the whole 12.0 Folder in which it exists.
(See post numbered 1 in this thread for details.)
If you cannot open a new project, then we will consider
1. What video card/graphics card does your computer use? Is the card driver version up to date?
2. Are you running the program from a User Account with Administrative Privileges? Have you right clicked the desktop icon and selected
Run As Administrator to apply it?
Please let us gather the above information together. Depending on the answers we may be heading for:
uninstall, ccleaner run through, reinstall
3. If nothing is working, then we might consider creating a new User Account with Administrative Privileges and installing and running
Premiere Elements from there.
We will be watching for news of your progress.