2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 26, 2014 2:40 AM by areohbee

floating window

k3XX

Hello!

Im trying to make a plugin with a single small window always in the foreground where the user can select diferent things anytime. I made a non modal window with LrDialogs.presentFloatingDialog but if I click outside the window it goes to the background, I need a window that always on top of lightoom. How can I achive this? My code is something like this now:

local function showDialog()

LrFunctionContext.postAsyncTaskWithContext( "showDialog", function( context )

LrDialogs.presentFloatingDialog(_PLUGIN, {

title = "NameTagger",

contents = c,

save_frame = "nameTagger",

blockTask = true,

})

end)

• 1. Re: floating window
          johnrellis Most Valuable Participant

You might repost this in the SDK forum Lightroom SDK. There's at least one developer active in that forum with experience with floating dialogs.

• 2. Re: floating window
            areohbee Level 5

k3xx wrote:

How can I achive this?

You can't really, or at least I don't know how, nor does the dude who just released the focus points plugin, Chris Reimold (who tried for the "always on top" thing).

There is a to-front method you can call to bring to front (put on top), but it gives the dialog box focus, so if you keep calling it, it turns a non-modal dialog into a modal dialog .

Worth noting: if floaters are moved outside the Lr Main UI, then they remain forever visible and usable even if Lr's main UI has focus, so my advice: recommend to users to have multiple monitors, and move the floating dialog box outside main Lr UI. If single monitor, then the taskbar or alt-tab (or equivalent on Mac) has to be used to bring to front (put on top).

Not sure what else to say.

Rob