• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ios 8 stage orientation issues

Community Beginner ,
Sep 24, 2014 Sep 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a multi-million download iOS app built with Adobe AIR. The whole app x and y axis gets shifted if I launch the app in portrait mode then programmatically change to landscape mode. This happens specifically when I rotate the device to activate the StageOrientationEvent.ORIENTATION_CHANGE event. The red rectangle on the screenshot denotes the new x and y (0,0) coordinates while holding the device in landscape mode. The black area is basically a dead zone. When I click the Home button on the iPad, all the icons are in portrait mode even thou I am holding the device in landscape mode. This is a universal app. The fix that i have in place is breaking the app for iPhone users but fixing it for iPad users.  Adobe, can you help??? Issues happens with AIR 14 and AIR 15.

IMG_0028.PNG

TOPICS
Performance issues

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 24, 2014 Sep 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi JD,

Have you opened up a bug report on this at bugbase.adobe.com?  If not, could you create one and post back with your bug number?  I'll follow up internally asap.

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 25, 2014 Sep 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for reporting the issue.

We tried a sample code which by default remains in potrait mode but on pressing a button rotates the app to landscape mode. We tried on iOS 8 iPAD and it is working fine. Could you please share a sample code so that we can reproduce the issue at our end as well.

Also, is there any specific device that you are getting the issue on? Please mention the devices that you are using.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 25, 2014 Sep 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jitender thakur, I have sample code that does the same thing and could not replicate. I am using iPad 3 and iPhone 5 in iOS 8. The same app works fine in iOS 7. The issue I have sounds like the consequence for an iOS 8 bug in a native library framework: iOS 8 - OF not setting orientation properly? - openFrameworks especially when they write: "The problem seems to be that iOS 8 no longer changes the screen bounding box after a rotation change. Thus OF tried to correct for the orientation and ends up swapping them unnecessarily (which was required before iOS 8)" ... "  "The app will initialize with OF_ORIENTATION_UNKNOWN and update to the chosen orientation, but the iOS device itself won't reorient." As I said before, when I get a shifted x and y axis and then I press the Home button of the device, the iPad main screen and icons are in portrait even while I am holding it in landscape orientation.

The problem with our code-base I have is that we have a draw() function that gets called on every UI object. These functions get called hundreds of times whenever there is an orientation change. I am trying to track which is activating the issue, so I can share with you. Now, I solved the problem by re-designing both the iPhone and iPad apps to launch and work in landscape mode only with autoOrient false.  This is not ideal,  but hopefully, the app won't get rejected. If I find a simple code example that replicated the issue, I will share immediately. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 15, 2014 Oct 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Could you please share a sample code with us so that we can reproduce the issue at our end as well.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2015 Jan 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

Jitender thakur

I reported this bug in adobe more than 2 months ago, but it is open/need more info nobody fixed it. I sent a sample code to reproduce it, also videos. Could you take a look please and try to fix it, since it continue happening? Is very annoying since apple will require to build with xcode 8 starting from february, I am now avoiding the issue building with Xcode7 but on February I can not.

This is the bug reported, please let me know if you need anything else.

Bug#3835192 - iPad 3( os 8.0.2 ) screen rotation issue - new iPhoneOS8.0.sdk - when enter foreground...

Thank you very much,

Hernan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jitender thakur

Apart from the source code this is the video explaining the source code and reproducing the issue :

bug_rotation.mov - Google Drive

This is the source code: https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?event=file.view&id=3835192&seqNum=1&name=issue%5Frotate%5Fipad3%...

This can be reproduced on iPad 3 (MODEL CODE: MC705LL/A - os 8.0.2 ) builded with iPhoneOS8.0.sdk.

Bug reported in adobe: Bug#3835192 - iPad 3( os 8.0.2 ) screen rotation issue - new iPhoneOS8.0.sdk - when enter foreground...

Again the urgency is that apple will force to build with xcode 8 64-bit and iOS 8 Requirements for New Apps - News and Updates - Apple Developer

( the workaround was building with Xcode 7 but in february it is not supported )

Best,

Hernan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for all the information Hernanwork.

We are able to reproduce the issue at our end and investigating it further.

Warm Regards,

Jitender

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2015 Feb 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jitender thakur for investigating this issue!

Do you have any news regarding when a fix will be available?

Thanks!

Hernan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2015 Mar 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. Our game developed with Starling is broken exactly in the same way. We're using AdColony ANE which shows fullscreen videos in fullscreen mode. When the video window is closed, orientation is messed up.

When should we expect a fix? This issue seriously effects our release date.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 25, 2015 Mar 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for reporting the issue.Could you please try out the latest SDK from Download Adobe AIR SDK . Please let us know if the issue persists.

Thanks,

Adobe Air Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2015 Mar 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just downloaded and tried the latest SDK and unfortunately the issue persists. As you can see below. This happens when we show an AdColony video and after the video screen closes.

issue.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 26, 2015 Mar 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please share a sample app with us so that we can reproduce the issue at our end as well.

Thanks,

Adobe AIR Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2015 Mar 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Here is the link to the sample project. Note that, a valid AdColony app id and zone id is needed for it to work. As soon as you tap Close on the ad window, the screen starts flickering.

Thanks for the help!

Dropbox - BugDemo.zip

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 27, 2015 Mar 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for reporting the issue.

We tried reproducing the issue at our end with the given sample app. Once we launch the app, <<Screen1.PNG>>appears and after that <<Screen2.PNG>> and <<Screen3.PNG>>.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/z5eetjuvz3jalhb/Screens.7z?dl=0

Could you help us resolve the below mentioned queries:

1. Where do we need to use the AdColony app id and zone id. Is "com.punchboom.kelimera" id mentioned in xml what you are talking about.

2. On which screen do we need to tap Close and please mention the screen on which flickering occurrs.

3. Is there a particular OS/device on which the issue is reproducible.

Regards,

Adobe AIR Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

1. You need to enter app id and zone id in Ads.as, I've shown where you can put them in the code.

2. When you tap the textfield, AdColony video starts to play and when the video is finished, AdColony shows a "Continue" button. You need to tap that button. Flickering starts as soon as you tap "Continue" and the stage appears on bottom half of the screen.

3. I've tested on iPhone 5S, 6 and 6+ and was able to reproduce the issue.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the information.

Could you please let us know a valid AdColony app id and zone id.

Regards,

Adobe AIR Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2015 May 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

we have this same issue with our Starling game while using AdColony.

Does already exists a solution for this problem?

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 13, 2015 May 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We need a valid AdColony app id and zone id for reproducing the issue. Could you please help us provide the same or a sample flash builder project with all the valid resources so that we can also reproduce the issue at our end as well.

Thanks,

Adobe AIR Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2015 May 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've sent you a PM with a valid AppID and ZoneID.

About the testing project, I don't use Flash Builder.

It's ok if I send you a FlashDevelop project instead?

Thank you in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 21, 2015 May 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it is completely fine with us if you send us a FlashDevelop project for the same.

You can send me a valid AppID and ZoneID on my official email ID shwebans@adobe.com.

Regards,

Adobe AIR Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 28, 2015 Aug 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

upgrade air sdk to 17 ,and if you are using ad in app,you can try keymobdev/Adobe-Air-ANE · GitHub

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines