4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 25, 2014 3:11 PM by A.T. Romano

Where's the installer when I download premiere elements?

PaulHannah

I've tried downloading premiere elements 12 four times and never get an installer.

I've tried using a different broswers and allowed pop ups like the adobe website suggests.

Where's the installer??

• 1. Re: Where's the installer when I download premiere elements?
          Peru Bob Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Where are you saving the download to?

Is there an .exe or zipped file?

• 2. Re: Where's the installer when I download premiere elements?
            PaulHannah Level 1

Hi Bob,

Yeah there was two zipped folders, I opended them and no installer. There are a couple of files ending in .exe but nothing happens when I click them.

• 3. Re: Where's the installer when I download premiere elements?
              Peru Bob Adobe Community Professional & MVP

How did you open the zipped folders?

• 4. Re: Where's the installer when I download premiere elements?
                A.T. Romano Level 7

PaulHannah

What computer operating system is involved?

Let us cut to the core of the matter. From where are you downloading Premiere Elements 12...I would assume that this is not the tryout since it is no longer available from Adobe since it has released a new version 13 which should be the only tryout that it is making available at this time.

Are you downloading another set of installation files from "My Orders" at Adobe or from another web site? If so, then you would be dealing with two

files, one with an .exe file extension and the other with a .7z file extension. You DO NOT attempt to unzip these files.

1. Make sure that you have disabled the antivirus and firewall(s) beforehand.

2. First, double click the.exe (Adobe Application Manager) and then run it. When that is completed, then it is time to double click the .7z file (your main program file) to start the process of getting the Adobe Premiere Elements 12 Folder saved to your computer.

3. At the end of this process, you will have an Adobe Premiere Elements 12 Folder at the computer location that you designated.

4. You open that folder, and find the setup.exe that you double click to get the program installed on your computer.

Just make sure that the installation files that you are using were selected for the operating system you are using.

More details to follow if necessary.

We will be watching for your progress.

Thank you.

ATR.